Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 156308 times)

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #795 on: October 15, 2007, 04:34:10 am »

I... I bought the real time stat track thing.

I don't know why I did but I did. It told me 92-75. Unless Toomer fumbles ten times tomorrow night...

And he's a Giant. That's possible.

Welker and Peterson went nutsoid, that's really the only reason a dude won. I'll admit that.

But oh yeah, fantasy sport does that to all of us, but especially in football.

At least in baseball, man, there's so so so many games that it pretty much evens out.

Seventeen weeks, seventeen chances to bench your one guy who goes nutsoid.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #796 on: October 15, 2007, 06:50:55 am »

My blitz long dynasty falls this week. Kudos to the tits and ziffels. Double Kudos to keith who probably takes the #1 spot this week. Well deserved.
Oh, and it looks like well all be watching the monday night football Giants game.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:54:30 am by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #797 on: October 15, 2007, 04:07:29 pm »

If only to see whether Keith breaks 200 points.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #798 on: October 15, 2007, 04:40:21 pm »

The interesting thing is that... starting as my quarterback is basically a curse to do jackshit.

Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler... they all suck.

What I got is two good running backs, one good wide-receiver, one good tight end, two acceptable defenses and two acceptable kickers.

If I had a consistent QB, ever, I'd probably be respectable at this game.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #799 on: October 15, 2007, 10:10:12 pm »

My secret to winning Fantasy Football so far is a) sleep through/ forget about draft b) get tom Brady and Randy Moss C) ?? ?? ?? ?? d) Profit.

Oh yeah, and don't watch football unless it is college or on at the bar while your watching baseball even though you kind of like one team.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:30:34 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #800 on: October 15, 2007, 10:20:15 pm »

My secret to being mediocre at fantasy football is to a) also forget about the draft b) not get Tom Brady or Randy Moss c) play Halo 3 d) Not profit.

It also helps to not have a favorite team.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #801 on: October 20, 2007, 05:49:21 am »

My secret to being bad at fantasy football is to a) only be at the computer for half your draft picks b) have your first four picks be hurt/busts c) make sure your opponent has a fantastic day whenever your players have decent ones.

It helps to not have time to watch football, too.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #802 on: October 21, 2007, 06:31:41 pm »

Through half time of game one I have 4 passing touchdowns and 2 receiving.  Oh, yeah, that is just one team.  God the Pats off week is going to kill me.  I just hope they go undefeated so they don't sit the cats once they have home field in week 12.

Edit:  Wait, no, that was right before half time.  5 passing touchdowns.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 06:59:57 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #803 on: October 21, 2007, 07:44:36 pm »

Things I've learned from pretend football:

If Brady throws the ball to a guy, get that guy.

Giving up on Eli Manning early? Duuuuuuumb.

Not giving up on Drew Brees early? Duuuuuuuuumber.

And having young explosive running backs? Gooooooood.

EDIT: Also?

If I could figure out a decent third WR option and my kickers and defenses could play consistently at their potential, I would actually have a half-way decent imaginary football team at this point. If not sticking with Brees for so long, out of not knowing what the hell I was doing, I'd probably be right in the middle of the pack.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 04:56:52 am by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #804 on: October 22, 2007, 05:41:06 am »

Fuck the Red Sox.

Well, maybe not the Red Sox. The team is actually very well run. I have a huge amount of respect for Theo Epstein. It's the obnoxious fans I can't stand.

Fuck the Red Sox fans.

(Edit: If there's any good that can come of this win, it's this picture right here.)

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #805 on: October 22, 2007, 05:51:25 am »

fuck yeah, Red Sox in the world series.

(this has concluded the only post I will make about sports, ever. I love the Red Sox because half of my family are from Boston and still live in Boston, and if I told my dad I didn't love the Red Sox... well, I don't know what would happen.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #806 on: October 22, 2007, 05:53:23 am »

Stone Cold Jon Papelbon!

The braintrust behind the Red Sox are pretty much indestructably laudable, even if some of the fans are really strange and Curt Schilling's a loudmouth douchebag of the fifteenth power.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #807 on: October 22, 2007, 07:05:24 am »

Jeers Curt Schilling.

Cheers for the Red Sox (mainly Pedroia and Manny).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #808 on: October 22, 2007, 07:41:40 am »

It suddenly strikes me that, like, Rumjay might not be posting much right now because she's been doing awesome stuff related to the fact of her connections to the Red Sox.

I hope so. That would be kinda awesome.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #809 on: October 22, 2007, 01:44:22 pm »

I... I think I won a fantasy football game.  I keep looking at it to make sure my opponent doesn't have anyone going tonight, but I'm pretty sure that's it. 
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 79   Go Up