Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155909 times)

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #840 on: November 04, 2007, 11:54:35 pm »

That is KILLING me. I hate the Colts. Hate hate hate them. But I can't have Brady and Moss reaching out and touching each other, and Vinatieri is on my team besides. What I wanted is the Patriots to win 15-12; that's not happening.


The colts were paying double money this afternoon so I took some action. For some reason I think the officials have action on the colts, too. (141 yards in penalties? Thats some nice officiating)
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #841 on: November 04, 2007, 11:59:29 pm »

With Cutler now also injured, my team is officially A Mess... even though my running backs decided to play Completely Insane today and make things look good for Week 9, upcoming times are lookin' strange indeed.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #842 on: November 09, 2007, 06:46:49 pm »

I... I am not meaning to bump this thread or nothin' but I just wanted to re-assert...

I have decent back-ups at TE, DEF and QB and am lookin' for a better option at my third WR.

Y'know. Just sayin'.

The time of trades will soon be done and all that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #843 on: November 09, 2007, 07:14:25 pm »

I... I am not meaning to bump this thread or nothin' but I just wanted to re-assert...

I have decent back-ups at TE, DEF and QB and am lookin' for a better option at my third WR.

Y'know. Just sayin'.

The time of trades will soon be done and all that.
which team are you?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #844 on: November 09, 2007, 07:33:43 pm »

Trade proposed.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #845 on: November 09, 2007, 07:43:45 pm »

Done and done!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #846 on: November 09, 2007, 09:15:15 pm »

I started the season in last or next-to-last in all three of the leagues I'm participating in this year, and now I feel like I've cobbled together teams just good enough to claw my way into the playoffs so I can get clobbered in the first round by the #1 seeds. 

Who is it that really wants me to take Romo off their hands?  I'm pretty happy with Manning on my team, as I assume there are going to be no unimportant games down the stretch for the Colts. 
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #847 on: November 09, 2007, 09:27:29 pm »

I just realized something truly hilarious. I've been playing the wrong Adrian Peterson...

all

year

long.

Mine is the shitty Bears backup, not the rookie phenom on the Vikings. Oh holy shit. This is so fuck*ng pathetic it's awesome.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #848 on: November 09, 2007, 09:44:47 pm »

Priceless.  I was confused hearing about the Vikings guy, as I follow neither team all that closely.  When I saw the Bears play earlier this season I was thinking he must be having a bad day.  There's also another Alex Smith in the league, but its harder to confuse them.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #849 on: November 09, 2007, 10:11:25 pm »

It doesn't help that I've been taking a severe laissez-faire approach to my team. Can we just blame it on that instead of my crippling ignorance?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #850 on: November 09, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »

I started the season in last or next-to-last in all three of the leagues I'm participating in this year, and now I feel like I've cobbled together teams just good enough to claw my way into the playoffs so I can get clobbered in the first round by the #1 seeds. 

Who is it that really wants me to take Romo off their hands?  I'm pretty happy with Manning on my team, as I assume there are going to be no unimportant games down the stretch for the Colts. 
Dude just take Romo already, hes golden. Its a fair trade dammit
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #851 on: November 10, 2007, 10:52:17 pm »

I have like no RB or TE is anyone wants a trade.  Moss and Brady are untouchable, but beyond that...


(I am the happy chemicals.)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #852 on: November 12, 2007, 04:41:40 am »

So... who's got Peyton Manning? Yikes.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #853 on: November 12, 2007, 06:54:32 am »

Yeah, here's the thing.

As a person who grew up a Buffalo Bills fan, I suppose I'm supposed to hate the Patriots?

But... man oh Manchester... as a twenty-first century American secular humanist, I hate the fuckin' shit complete and total shit out of Tony Dungee. Fuckin' gay-hatin' fundamentalist Christian douchehole. Enjoy the shit out of THAT bad aftertaste, Thumpy McShitface.

Billy B out in Boston may be a cheatin' gutless overcompetitive dick-cheese but... yeah.

I'll take the secular cheater over the delusional Bible dick any goddamned day.

Nixon over George W any goddamned day.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #854 on: November 12, 2007, 10:47:08 am »

Dang Keith, your team got PWNED. Your QB actually lost you points. That takes mad skillz.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 79   Go Up