Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155641 times)

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #870 on: November 21, 2007, 06:46:36 am »

So apparently A-Rod has "side-stepped" Scott Boras, and is on the verge of signing a 10yr/$275m contract. Holy fuck?
Yea man, evidently Warren Buffet is like some kind of 1-800-help-line for zillionaires.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #871 on: November 22, 2007, 09:10:56 pm »

You know your fantasy team sucks when your bench pretend kicker scores a bunch of points and you're already convinced that you're going to lose, because you chose the wrong pretend kicker.

The KICKER, for God's friggin'.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #872 on: November 23, 2007, 06:23:08 pm »

I don't even know who my kicker is.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #873 on: November 25, 2007, 12:05:36 am »

By the way:

Universe? Hi, it's Mike.

I'd like baseball back now. Thanks.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #874 on: November 25, 2007, 03:08:22 am »

Me too. I don't know shit about the NFL, so naturally, my team sucks. And despite the fact that I know/care more about the NBA than 99% of the other white dudes in America, my fantasy basketball team still sucks. But baseball? Man, there's a fantasy sport I'm actually good at.

As evidenced by, well, you know...

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #875 on: November 26, 2007, 05:03:36 am »

Somehow, I still got a chance of winning this week, even though I royally ROYALLY boned myself in terms of kicking and defense choices which... amazes me. I still might get to .500 which... is really my only goal at this point.

Getting up to the six playoff spots is probably unrealistic at this point, too many people ahead of me.

Might get Adrian Peterson back next week, though. That doesn't suck.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #876 on: November 26, 2007, 07:30:27 am »

No, you should get the last playoff spot and beat me in the first week, for justice.  (assuming I get first, which I probably won't)


Actually yeah, I will get 2nd or third so you need 6th or7th I guess
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #877 on: November 27, 2007, 04:08:37 am »

Congratulations, whoever took the under in the Miami-Pittsburgh game.

You are officially rich.

Also, I think I somehow TIED this week. Oh man, if only I had competently used my kicker or my D.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #878 on: November 27, 2007, 05:52:37 am »

I take solace in the fact that the only scoring done in that game was by someone on my fantasy team.

But solace doesn't give me a consistently decent receiver.

Maybe next year I'll pay attention before the draft?
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #879 on: November 27, 2007, 02:56:09 pm »

Loved the punt that just went flut into the ground, no bounce.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #880 on: November 27, 2007, 03:38:03 pm »

Loved the punt that just went flut into the ground, no bounce.
dude that was priceless.... well not really, it made me like a hundred bucks.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #881 on: November 27, 2007, 07:14:15 pm »

Wasn't that great?  The ball looked like it was stuck halfway into the mud. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #882 on: November 27, 2007, 07:43:49 pm »

Yeah, that was a full-on lawn dart out there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #883 on: November 27, 2007, 09:06:59 pm »

A) Sean Taylor dies. WTF!?! You just don't expect that shit to happen to these dudes.

Plenty of print on that here in the DC area, as you might expect.  Somewhat surprisingly, Michael Wilbon (of "PTI" fame) wrote in a chat session yesterday something to the effect of "I'm not surprised, the guy's a thug, always been a thug."  Of course, this was after he was shot but before he died; Wilbon might wish he could take that back now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports
« Reply #884 on: November 27, 2007, 09:13:58 pm »

All day I thought they were talked about Sean Spraig (sp?) just because he's on the only Redskins player I know named Sean. Assuming he still plays for them/at all.

On WTOP I did hear one person being interviewed say, basically, we can't say anything negative about how he acted in the past because he's dead now.

I kind of wish they'd break from this story for 45 seconds or so to cover any other news happening today.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 79   Go Up