I have said it before and I'll say it again:
I know more about the Mets than the Mets do. If I say something about the Mets, it's just true.
I am, of course, not all knowing on all subjects... but I know what I know.
Such subjects include... comparative religion, the Mets, screenwriting theory, the history of rural upstate New York, politics, American radio stations, comic books, the National Lampoon radio hour, Guns N Roses, progressive rock, good coffee and why all meat should be cooked well-done.
Oliver Perez and John Maine are complete and total dickteases. Sometimes they will decide to go eight innings giving up two hits and striking out ten. And sometimes they will let Bengie Molina hit two home runs off of them for some reason.
This is just another piece of Mets wisdom brought to you by me.
As for Roger... Roger is gonna be great but... yeah, to have him this early, you're gonna need a team that can sacrifice a roster spot for three weeks to hold onto him. I'm glad you worked something out, especially to get yourself a halfway-decent catcher.
Catchers are such a premium in our league... which makes it all the odder that somehow Motherfuckers has Posada, LoDuca AND Martin.
Every other team seems to either have one good catcher and one complete scrub backup or two mediocre catchers but... somehow, he's got three front-line starting catchers to the point where he's limited the flexibility of the rest of his bench.
I've spent the first five weeks of my team trying to... work around how over-strong I was at 1B and... I still haven't figured out how I could trade him fairly to someone else, without my getting ripped off just because I don't like that he only plays one position and can't hit for average.
I mean, he DOES hit home runs and he DOES get RBIs. I can't just throw him away for an afterthought... and I can't just drop him out of frustration.