if he were just throwing up numbers he wouldn't be so highly regarded. I'm talking about getting the job done. I mean, I'm not so far behind him in the stat column, but I ain't never won the big one.*
*Post like this are likely the reason
I . . . I hope you aren't telling my that my man Dan Fouts is not highly regarded.
Also, I was going to get into it, but fuck it, it's the sports thread. Namath? He's the Trent Dilfer of his era. The only reason anyone still gives him credit (apart from my brother, and other rabid Jets fans) is that he had the brass balls to guarantee victory. I'll give it up to Johnny U and Montana, but Bradshaw reaped a
lot of benefit from the team he was on. I'd say several other QBs from that era could have guided that team to those Super Bowls.
I think Marino is an apt comparison because AW's getting it done by himself. He's out there, rain or shine, no matter what. However, he ain't going out the victim of a 62-7 drubbing. (I make mention of that often because my other brother is a big 'phins fan.)