Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 39653 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2007, 10:32:28 pm »

1. My B.A. is in Pure Mathematics
2. I lost my virginity at fourteen (It's alright, I wasn't using it for anything.)
3. I sang a sickeningly romantic duet with Lucy Liu's cousin.

Hmmmmmm....I bet that the lie is #1, and that your maths degree is in a different sort.

1. I have had sexual action in an airport.
2. I have evaded police pursuit in a ford club wagon.
3. I was stillborn.


Well, my twin kellichou was born blue and breech, but the doctors were able to revive her fully. However, a true stillbirth means that the baby is 100% dead. So I vote that #3 is a lie.

1.  My house has more computers than TVs
2.  My Dad blew himself up in a gasoline explosion
3.  I'm allergic to dogs and can only own poodles because they are hypoallergenic.

Jaydub, it seems that you own a different sort of dog, but I can't be sure. You do seem like the sort of chap that would have more computers than TVs, so I think #1 is true.

However, I think that your Dad is still alive based on some of the posts you've made about him washing away hillsides after his 'tate surgery. So I think that #2 is the lie.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2007, 10:44:57 pm »

Teatime - your lie is #1.
Jaydub - your lie is #2. It is relatively hard to make gasoline explode. It is more of a burning thing unless compressed or oxidized. (what?)
Fooker - your lie is #3.

arachnocapitalistoU - your lie is indeed #2. While you were once in MENSA you are no longer in MENSA because MENSA is a joke. An expensive and irritating joke filled with irritating people.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2007, 10:52:45 pm »

I have sort of evaded the police, but not in my Econoline Club Wagon V8 AKA the Land Whale. I am sort of surprised that someone got this right away.

I like referring to how I was born as 'stillborn' because I emerged hanged by my own birthcord, cold and blue, but I guess in the interest of technical accuracy I will just say I was strangled at birth. It's equally dramatic.

As for the airport, it was awkward.


Teatime: I am going to buck the trend and call #3.

Jaydub: #1. Just because I can.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2007, 11:05:38 pm »

If anyone's up for it:

1#: I was once handed a Chick Tract in the street, and the old man who gave me it told me I had a nice behind and leered. I was 14.
2#: I have covered myself in peanut butter, Iggy Pop style.
3#: My own mother had sex with David Bowie.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2007, 11:29:16 pm »

I have sort of evaded the police, but not in my Econoline Club Wagon V8 AKA the Land Whale. I am sort of surprised that someone got this right away.

I like referring to how I was born as 'stillborn' because I emerged hanged by my own birthcord, cold and blue, but I guess in the interest of technical accuracy I will just say I was strangled at birth. It's equally dramatic.

As for the airport, it was awkward.


Teatime: I am going to buck the trend and call #3.

Jaydub: #1. Just because I can.

My twin was also caught in the cord and she was blue/cyanotic when she was born, but she was revived and made a full recovery. Strangled implies that you were dead. Stillbirth implies that you were dead. You were born blue as a result of getting caught in the umbilical cord, but the doctors were able to revive you.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2007, 11:31:34 pm »

Linnea, we missed celebrating your third anniversary. It was two days ago. Happy anniversary!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2007, 11:33:59 pm »

WHOA!!! Really? Damn. Awesome. Happy Third Anniversary to me, everyones.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2007, 11:36:16 pm »

Dickslap - your lie is the peanutbutter lie. Youre too young to have been drunk enough to pull that off.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2007, 11:38:54 pm »

WHOA!!! Really? Damn. Awesome. Happy Third Anniversary to me, everyones.

Pefume, marmite, and pegging for everybody!
Logged

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2007, 11:43:29 pm »

3.  I'm allergic to dogs and can only own poodles because they are hypoallergenic.

On the pedantic reasoning that Bichon Frises and various terriers (among other dogs, I am sure) are also hypoallergenic, I say this is the lie. Number two is highly suspect, though.


1#: I was once handed a Chick Tract in the street, and the old man who gave me it told me I had a nice behind and leered. I was 14.
2#: I have covered myself in peanut butter, Iggy Pop style.
3#: My own mother had sex with David Bowie.

I will say number two because there is no way that the whatever act followed was worth the cost of that much peanut butter.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2007, 12:01:01 am »

I will say number two because there is no way that the whatever act followed was worth the cost of that much peanut butter.

In the name of dada, I say that about number 3.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2007, 12:33:47 am »

Oh, for the record, my intended major is indeed Pure Mathematics, but I will not attend college until Autumn. Mockery of my youth and inexperience can commence.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2007, 12:44:08 am »

Judy's must be #3 because even if it was true, it is probably not something you'd tell your kids until...

...you know what, forget that.  If I banged Bowie, I'd probably have it painted on the side of my house.



So I'm going to say #1, because in my mind I usually don't imagine any creepy people in Britian.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #208 on: March 19, 2007, 12:44:20 am »

My twin was also caught in the cord and she was blue/cyanotic when she was born, but she was revived and made a full recovery. Strangled implies that you were dead. Stillbirth implies that you were dead. You were born blue as a result of getting caught in the umbilical cord, but the doctors were able to revive you.

You rob the joy from everything.  :-\
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #209 on: March 19, 2007, 12:45:22 am »

If anyone's up for it:

1#: I was once handed a Chick Tract in the street, and the old man who gave me it told me I had a nice behind and leered. I was 14.
2#: I have covered myself in peanut butter, Iggy Pop style.
3#: My own mother had sex with David Bowie.


2. Because I take the long shots. Also, you are a dog owner. I know how that and peanutbutter works. I have used the internet.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 03:36:16 am by Fooker »
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up