Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 39706 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2007, 01:56:35 pm »

Psssst, Nabu!

The other week I high fived Phillip Rivers after an eagle!

It was neat.

I know, I know. I'm going to the fuck you box on my own, ref!

Sooooooo . . . both Stan Humphries and Phil Rivers, eh? You know what? As harmic realignment, Ryan Leaf is going to marry into your family. I'd get more specific than that, but it would only end in tears.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2007, 05:07:23 pm »

Sooooooo . . . both Stan Humphries and Phil Rivers, eh? You know what? As harmic realignment, Ryan Leaf is going to marry into your family. I'd get more specific than that, but it would only end in tears.
Gibbering Jebbus Beans and Rice that is as harsh a harsh thing a man can wish on another.

Originally that was Karmic, but I changed it to remove the capitalization. This way is even worse!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2007, 03:26:06 am »

I can't say much more, except that the events of #2 did not occur under the influence, and it was not a dog that licked off the peanut butter.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal for me to even read this sentence.  Any minute now the thought police are going to break down my doors and arrest me for statutory perception of innuendo.
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2007, 02:58:07 am »

So wait, what?  Judy's mom fucked David Bowie?  Does that mean...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2007, 03:04:41 am »

So wait, what?  Judy's mom fucked David Bowie?  Does that mean...

DUDE! Judy's real father owns a bank in England and Iman is Judy's real stepmom.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2007, 07:11:49 am »

1. Members of my family have vomited in the buildings which house two out of the three branches of our government.
2. My mother is currently attending my first choice of schools for my undergraduate degree (a school which rejected me)
3. I am allergic to cotton and chocolate, and have been hospitalized for both twice, but never anything else.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2007, 07:14:25 am »

I don't buy the cotton.
Logged
ACHIEVE

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2007, 07:17:50 am »

I was going to guess #3 too, but the fact that you explicitly stated "never anything else" suggests that it might not be a trick after all.

I'm going with #1 and guessing they vomited in buildings housing all three branches of government.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2007, 07:55:53 am »

Bullshit on #3. You are all wearing Cotton Right Now. Even you, Rumjay. Id bet money on this.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2007, 10:44:00 pm »

I'm going with 1 since it's the vaguest.... but is that just what you want me to think?

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2007, 11:12:27 pm »

1. My grandmother vomited on a tour of the White House, and I vomited all over a bench in the entry area of Congress. We have high hopes for the Supreme Court seeing some barf from my gene pool at some point.
2. My mom is getting her master's at Boston University, my top choice for undergrad (though thank god I didn't get in).
3. I am allergic to nothing. I have only been hospitalized once since birth, about a month ago, when a cyst on my ovary ruptured.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2007, 11:39:42 pm »

BU seems to have a trend going on where people don't like it. My friend Sarah is transferring from there, apparently Wombat transferred from there if I recall correctly... dang.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2007, 12:08:18 am »

Quote
BU seems to have a trend going on where people don't like it. My friend Sarah is transferring from there, apparently Wombat transferred from there if I recall correctly... dang.

My mom loves loves loves it. I think that it's because she's not a residential student, and she's just happy to be back in school.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2007, 12:12:58 am »

Graduate school is completely different from undergrad - it's hardly like you're going to the same school at all. 

As an undergrad, yeah, I would say BU pretty much sucked. It is true that I had one of the single best classroom teachers in my whole life there, and that a big problem was that they didn't actually have an undergraduate degree in the field I wanted to major in. But I still feel pretty confident in steering people away from the place.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2007, 01:44:13 am »

I felt really bad. Because this really nice girl who was visiting my friend here said "oh, so, I'm going to BU next year!" And her friend said "isn't your friend Sarah there? they should meet up!"
and I had to really quickly try to come up with a reason for why she hates it that wouldn't sound bad. I don't remember what I said... probably something ineffective.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up