Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small  (Read 6113 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 09:06:45 am »

Wow! I'd love to have one of those. For some reason I'm usually trying to write on something that's vertical and then the pen just dries up and withers.

Don't space pens cost like 70 bucks?  You could just use a pencil.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 01:39:24 pm »

Like the Russians do!

Actually, you can get Fischer Space Pen refills for any regular pen for like $15.  I use nothing but Space Pen ink but don't actually have an official Fischer Space Pen shell (I'm sure there's a better word for a pen body, but I can't think of it, if I ever knew it).

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 12:42:00 am »

Don't space pens cost like 70 bucks?  You could just use a pencil.

Yes, but pencils suck. I like ink much better.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 07:53:47 am »

Actually, you can get Fischer Space Pen refills for any regular pen for like $15.  I use nothing but Space Pen ink but don't actually have an official Fischer Space Pen shell (I'm sure there's a better word for a pen body, but I can't think of it, if I ever knew it).


That is exactly what I was going to say. 

Also, I am almost positive that the pencil thing is just a myth.  Either that or the U.S. used a pencil too, then a private business gave them the idea so he could market it with that name.  That does seem like the more American thing.

I have a friend who grew up in the USSR, and he said that all they talked about was who the first people in outer space were, not the moon.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:55 am »

I can't write in ink at all unless I need to sign something.  There's just something about the fact that I can't erase it that induces me to make mistakes when I otherwise would not.  This is especially true if I am taking notes as it becomes so much harder for me to doodle in the margins.  I tend to really mash writing instruments into the paper when I write, too, which ruins the points on nicer pens.  This also causes problems for me with mechanical pencils; I'm always either snapping the lead off or pushing it back up into the pencil.  Even fully sharpened wooden pencils aren't safe.  Basically what I need in order to write properly is a mostly blunt wooden pencil, and preferably made out of non-recycled wood since the recycled ones are flimsier and sometimes snap midway up the shaft, and also taste really nasty if you chew on them.

Also, could somebody please explain to me the appeal of a wallet pen?  Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems rather impractical to me to have to take out my wallet every time I want to write something.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 08:27:32 am »

checks?  extra pen, but not what you count on?

Those are the ones that I can think of.  Pencils are lame, I am an ink man.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 11:34:06 pm »

It's a writing utensil on the go! Always available! It's not like you'd use it in class, but if you need to scribble something, it's right there!

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: February 23, 2007 - Looks Small, Is Small
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 11:18:51 am »

It's super-absorbent!  Away with floods!  Away with the hassle of workaday tidal waves!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up