For me it's always, "well what does your fiancee say about this?" or "well that's what she's saying now" as if she's just pretending to not want kids to trick me or something. That's just fuck*ng insulting.
To cross this with another thread for a second, though?
This line of thinking IS part of why I would be not-turned-on if a lady walked into the room, ripped off her panties with her bare hands and started brandishing her pu$$y toward me as though it were a deadly fuck*ng weapon.
I trust my girlfriend to not be like that. I know that, like, 83% of women or maybe even more are not like that. But... there ARE ladies out there like that. Less than paranoid misogynists might want to believe but more than enlightened Alan Alda types might want to admit.
I am sure your ladyfriend is not like that either. I am reasonably sure none of the ladies here who I have read enough of to get a surface read on are not like that. But there ARE ladies like that.
There are crazy ladies floatin' around, wanting to have a baby just because they sort of think that will fix all their problems and make their lives complete and it will be totally easy and awesome and make a man love you.
At opendiary, where I journal? Man, half the diaries are pretty much exactly about that idea.
Insane ladies all talkin' on how they saw a nose in the sonogram and holy fuck that is so amazing because no one has ever had a baby before, she is the first one ever and when the baby is born, it will grant her three wishes and become president and make her boyfriend love her and everything.
This is pretty much the only reason the Rust Belt and the South are still around. And I am not being a snob, here. I grew up in the goddamn Rust Belt. I lived there until I was 23. At least half the births were in Little Falls were for that reason.
Those ladies are floatin' around. Those ladies exist.
And I pretty much would never get my sperm within fifteen yards of a lady unless I was absolutely certain that she was not one of those ladies.
That semi-reasonable fear trumps any and all Penthouse Letters fantasies for all time.