I've lost track of what anecdotes I've told where but...
Regina Spektor
I have a very strange connection to Regina Spektor.
One of my best friends from back home, Adam, went to college with her... long before she was famous... and had an intense crush on her. As my girlfriend and one of my other friends from high school all went to the same college (SUNY-Purchase) I stumbled across the fact that there was this singer chick he had a crush on and...
Man, did I tease him about the crush mercilessly... in that sort of "well, just ask her out" kinda way.
I'm very bad with that sort of thing. I matchmake people by teasing them.
And then a couple of months ago, I hear of this singer chick that all the hip kids are into and... holy shit... it's that girl I would always pick on Adam about having a crush on. And I thought to myself, what a small goddamned world.
It was also funny because, like, Adam came out as bisexual a coupla years back and is now marrying a masseuse dude in Tucson. So maybe... I teased him into... gay?
(At the same school, my other friend there was repeatedly hit on by the older Pete from "Pete & Pete". Who had also repeatedly hit on the only girlfriend I ever made through the internet when they were teenagers and "Pete & Pete" filmed in her hometown. It is a very tiny world.)