Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Childhood misunderstandings?  (Read 14940 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2007, 12:52:17 am »

As do I. I guess I just missed the nub of his gist completely. And I look like a crap nerd-girl, all assuming people were interested in my purported "some beauty". Damn.
Shit, now I don't know what I meant. That Myspace thing, though - I don't really get that. Maybe you should put up a picture of Flannery O'Connor as your avatar. A boudoir pic, if you've got one.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2007, 12:55:43 am »

Perhaps it's fitting that we have adult misunderstandings in a thread about childhood misunderstandings.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2007, 01:03:50 am »

Don't take that in a crap-way, Rumjaynumbers. Not at all!

You have said that you are a good-lookin' lady and I in no way doubt on this Truth.

You are a rad lady and probably rad looking too. That's not what's in question here.

I'm just saying... I am still relatively new here but... this is one of the few message boards I have ever been to where dudes and ladies seem to be able to discuss sex topics openly and honestly without it turning into some weird knuckle-dragging AOL-chatroom-in-1996 thing of asking the ladies to post pictures of themselves and, later, racy pictures.

I believe I have said before that I have pulled away from a couple of forums because they fell into that trap, into a weird escalating clusterfuck of lookisming and internet-drama and imaginary one-sided romances and...

That is pretty much why I left or mostly-left those places.

Whereas here, ladies are people first, ladies second and less-or-more-pretty ladies a distant third.

I ain't saying either way on whether you are easy on the eyes, either way, dear madam.

What I'm saying is that I just think that to Nabu and to me and to most of the people here, it matters more that you seem to be an awesome person who likes to talk about awesome thing than how rude or not rude you may potentially be physically.

The concern with your look was merely in the way it was dissonant to your avatar.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2007, 01:06:42 am »

You are a rude dude, LFM. What a rude forum this is.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2007, 01:08:50 am »

What I'm saying is that I just think that to Nabu and to me and to most of the people here, it matters more that you seem to be an awesome person who likes to talk about awesome thing than how rude or not rude you may potentially be physically.

The concern with your look was merely in the way it was dissonant to your avatar.
Well, especially with some topics. It was more for fun, really.

Although, LFM, this is the internet, so oftentimes ladies are actually men first, and then the other things afterwards.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2007, 01:09:43 am »

You are a rude dude, LFM. What a rude forum this is.
But still classy.

I also might spoil this classiness by saying that Smell's choice of boyfriends would make me fall in love with her if I hadn't already called dibs on two of them.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2007, 01:45:36 am »

Don't take that in a crap-way, Rumjaynumbers. Not at all!

I feel the need to point out that this is how Bozack turned into Bozack. It was a pretty rapid transition from "that guy with all the numbers" to "synonym for genitals." Then like a day later Jough put a filter on the board making it impossible for Bozack to even show up.


[edit: apparently the filter has been removed]
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2007, 03:19:24 am »

rumjay####--- I wish you hadn't put that facebook link on your myspace. It would be so easy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2007, 03:21:27 am »

it would be so easy....to what? i am havink another misunderstandink.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2007, 03:32:12 am »

um, it would be so easy to friend you on facebook? even though I know that that would be a silly thing to do.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2007, 03:35:34 am »

Quote
um, it would be so easy to friend you on facebook? even though I know that that would be a silly thing to do.

i feel silly for the second time in this thread! so many misunderstandinks.

if you feel so moved, please do facebook me.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2007, 03:38:15 am »

I... might.

I normally try to refrain from friending people older than Sophomores. Because I hate being "that freshman."

But...

you may have a friend request?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2007, 03:51:43 am »

You know something?

Facebook is much scarier to me than Myspace and I have no idea why.

I... have a myspace and I have a facebook but I have barely touched the facebook account and yet occasionally modify my myspace account. Really, they should both be pretty scary but... myspace, less so.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2007, 03:57:37 am »

BOTH are creepy, really. Facebook is more all-encompassing, I find, but it's easier stalking on myspace.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2007, 03:58:52 am »

Jesus, people - stop it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up