Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Childhood misunderstandings?  (Read 14939 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2007, 04:22:07 am »

facebook is awesome, though! shit! Myspace is just like... I don't even know.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2007, 04:45:07 am »

Damn punk kids and their facebooks and myspaces and short #####...  GET OFFA MY LAWN!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2007, 04:47:59 am »

as opposed to the tall *****s you had back in the day? what?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2007, 06:35:58 am »

It literally stuns me, what some of these damn Kids Nowadays will put on their Myspaces. I walk around town and I see kids, and I want to yell at them, "Take that dang cussin' and drug talk off your MySpace!" but I don't want them to think I'm creepy or something. It's seriously just ... wrong.

When I first got onto MySpace I was stunned at what my little cousins were posting. I made my profile Private because I don't want future employers looking at my relatively benign MySpace page and saying, "Huh, this candidate's MySpace page is pretty tame, but one of her contacts lists 'masturbation' as a hobby. Let's look at the next candidate."
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2007, 07:39:23 am »

I acted all uppity when kids were getting their livejournals on because they weren't writing their own html so you don't want to hear what I think about myspace. I'm not sure what facebook is.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2007, 07:55:37 am »

I think what makes Facebook more palatable to me than MySpace is the page-design thing, honestly. Facebook... okay, you can do some terrible, hideous things with Facebook, and it ends up being a stalker utility whether you like it or not, but the basic page design is very clean and nice. It looks like a mature website, whereas I have never been on a MySpace page that was not hideous and impossible to get any actual information from. MySpace is worse as a stalker service only because you can't stalk through a completely nonsensical interface full of spinning skull anigifs.

(Note: I have a Livejournal which, since 2002, has been in powder blue and uranium-Fiestaware-orange, so I really have no right to talk about this subject. Oh, well.)
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2007, 08:04:25 am »

Hmm maybe I should look at facebook, it's just that every myspace page I've ever seen has been made by someone who doesn't realise that really tiny brightly coloured images do not make good tiled backgrounds if you want to read what is on the page. I guess it's lucky I generally don't want to read the page.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2007, 08:15:11 am »

I feel like the essential difference is that Myspace tries to make it like you're making your own webpage, basically. they're just doing a lot of it for you.
whereas Facebook is just a social networking thing. type in your responses to questions and it will display them, and let people search for you through this.

I friended Ira Glass!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2007, 03:56:11 pm »

as opposed to the tall #####s you had back in the day? what?

Not *****s, #####.  Duh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Terry

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Who, who is it?
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2007, 05:43:50 pm »

Until the age of seven I believed women conceived by having the dude piss (urinate? Is that better?) all over their stomachs. This was the result of some poorly explained, imaginative information from my parents, who obviously weren't content leaving me wondering exactly how special that special cuddle was.

Of course, it was only relatively recently that I learned about a certain sexual fetish which may involve the more golden side of a male's liquid parts. I try not to apply this to the people who brought me into this cruel, ironic world.
Logged
I can't remember if I cried, when I read about his widowed bride. But something touched me deep inside, the day the music died... OR DID IT?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2007, 08:37:38 pm »

I acted all uppity when kids were getting their livejournals on because they weren't writing their own html

Exactly. DANG these kids today.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2007, 04:59:37 am »

Jeffrey Rowland says that Rupert Murdoch makes a cool $25 million a month off MySpace ad revenues.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Childhood misunderstandings?
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2007, 10:17:52 pm »

Until the age of seven I believed women conceived by having the dude piss (urinate? Is that better?) all over their stomachs. This was the result of some poorly explained, imaginative information from my parents, who obviously weren't content leaving me wondering exactly how special that special cuddle was.

Of course, it was only relatively recently that I learned about a certain sexual fetish which may involve the more golden side of a male's liquid parts. I try not to apply this to the people who brought me into this cruel, ironic world.

Oh man how this rules. I'm sometimes a wrong kind of person in various ways, but this is my favorite new person posting of all time, I think.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up