Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us  (Read 10838 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 09:04:20 pm »

Ok, I'm only going to do this once.  I mean no offense to anyone, but I think announcing that you are giving someone a can is kind of a Hunt's move:  I won't do it.  However, something like the above quote is an exception.  This is the first and only time I will do this.

I'm just relieved that there's no universal canning protocol hitherto unbeknownst to me.  I'd been feeling all awkward giving people tiny cans without telling them and not being sure if maybe I was expected to at least PM them or something.  It's good to know this isn't actually the case.  Let the Dr. Pepper flow like wine... enzymatic problems nonwithstanding.

I actually have sort of the opposite problem, thanks to my medications:  I get ridiculously drunk long before I've had enough alcohol to feel any physical effect.  At least it makes me a cheap date.  On the other hand, I'm not technically supposed to drink at all because I could get seizures, but... I do.  And I don't.  So I'm not too worried.  In the past when I went to parties I warn the host to put a blanket under my head if anything like that happened, but then people stopped letting me drink at their parties.  There's nothing more boring than being completely sober and surrounded by drunk people.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 09:32:38 pm »

wow, really? I find drunk people really entertaining.

Especially this combination:
-guy who gets really silly when he's drunk
-he just read a thing online about taking Pepto Bismol in order to counteract the "asian flush." He is a real smart guy, I don't know why he thinks this would work.
-a bunch of guys in my floor were studying for the Psych 101 midterm, and were on "placebo effect"
-they had a bunch of bottles of sparkling white grape juice... with the labels removed.

the answer:
yes, he thought he was so drunk. He also claimed that the Pepto was "mostly" working when he looked at himself in the mirror.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nate_Small

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 09:38:32 pm »

Man this thread is some rough chuckles The Morning After.
Logged
Tough Customer Ham Pockets

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 09:50:08 pm »

I agree with theinev, drunk people are hella entertaining. Since I can't go on EMS calls during the day, I'm usually on call nights and weekends, so I'm at the bar with my radio and a Diet Coke while everyone else is getting hammered. It's hilarious.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2007, 10:15:47 pm »

I would like to say that I totally approve of "Pint Jacks" night. That would be my bar. Hell, that would probably be my HOME.

I have a half-Korean, half-white friend who breaks out in hives when he drinks. Kinda scary to see. I think he drinks on Halloween for the effect.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 10:26:47 pm »

Being the sober one in a group of drunk people is hilarious if and only if your friends are all good/funny drunks. In college, it was occasionally a raging asspain because someone who was a bad drunk would decide to tie one on and spoil everyone's fun. I had one friend, normally a very bright and interesting person, who would get stressed and descend into the most obnoxious drinking m.o. imaginable:

1) Arrange to get drunk much more quickly than anyone else at the party (for example, by bringing and drinking a bottle of homemade screwdrivers at a wine-and-cheese social)
2) Once thoroughly drunk, start hitting on inappropriate people: those of genders/orientations that didn't align with hers, incredibly awkward people, people in relationships, or as many combinations of the above as possible
3) At some point, just start having a psychotic episode (at the wine-and-cheese social, it was screaming)

This meant that any party where she played this trick turned quickly into, to reuse a phrase, damaged-person wrangling, and the brunt of it always fell to the sober. Not cool.

(This is before we get onto the subject of mass hysteria, i.e. "Hey guys! It's 2 AM and we're all drunk! Let's walk to the Green River and go skinny-dipping! How can this go wrong?!")
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 10:37:36 pm »

Being sober around drunk people is only fun for me if they are people I like. I tried being sober a while at a party of my brother's once until I remembered I considered most of his friends to be constantly nattering vapid assholes, I then proceeded to drink till I fit in.
Being sober around drunk buddies is fun times though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 01:10:47 am »

(This is before we get onto the subject of mass hysteria, i.e. "Hey guys! It's 2 AM and we're all drunk! Let's walk to the Green River and go skinny-dipping! How can this go wrong?!")

I just love it when that happens.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 02:29:21 am »

I just love it when that happens.

Sadly, I was one of the sober people saying "guys, uh, you might die." Thankfully, everyone got very quiet about it when our resident Creepy Kinda-Predatory-Lookin' Guy mentioned that he would insist on chaperoning, since he had lifeguard training and all...

Instead, we made smoothies, and nobody died!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 02:37:06 am »

You got that right and wrong but thanks for the memories...

::KISS KISS::

Zombie Poster!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 02:58:14 am »

Sadly, I was one of the sober people saying "guys, uh, you might die." Thankfully, everyone got very quiet about it when our resident Creepy Kinda-Predatory-Lookin' Guy mentioned that he would insist on chaperoning, since he had lifeguard training and all...

Instead, we made smoothies, and nobody died!

Ew. that's one story where I was actually grateful for a Scary Creep to get involved. Yay you guys for choosing the correct path and not dying!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 03:30:46 am »

Ew. that's one story where I was actually grateful for a Scary Creep to get involved. Yay you guys for choosing the correct path and not dying!

Well, to be fair, this dude is/was not actually a Scary Creep; he is, in actuality, one of my best friends from college and is a very stand-up guy. However, he's one of those dudes who kind of has the Aura of Creep about him, and there were a couple of years early in college where he was a bit feral, so he still has a semi-joking reputation of being "ooh scary." The upshot of it was that, while he probably would have been very helpful had people actually gone (and would have gone to make sure nobody died), he is the kind of guy whom it seems a bad idea to be watched by at 2 AM while skinny-dipping drunk, is all.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 04:08:23 am »

Man, I totally start at FUCK YOU!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 05:43:47 pm »

Ok, so this is a cool comic and thread to wake up to because four punk rock bands played loud music in my kitchen last night.

And yeah, if it had been summer, we would have wound up breaking into somebody's pool or going to the river and swimming naked.  It's kinda what happens in Georgia.  Am I the only one here who hangs out with a bunch of dead-enders who party like Lyle?  I mean, I'm not like that very often, and it's only one chunk of the social circle, but they're there.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 2 March 2007 - Drinkin' Island is inside each of us
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 07:45:45 pm »

I live in a very quiet apartment complex with a bunch of 21st century hippies and a good proportion of Lyles as well.  Yesterday I woke up at 2pm to a two keg party just getting started 3 feet away from my door in the courtyard of our apartment complex.  By 5:30 we had a huge fire right there.  The cops came by 7:00 and made us turn down the music, but did not care about the mix of fire and beer.  Then I got high and went to the bar at like 11 with my friend and his girlfriend.  He spilt beer on a person celebrating her   21st birthday and blamed it on her.  That might have worked, but she didn't even start drinking yet and my friend got kicked out.  On his way out he drank like 5 peoples drinks and threw them on the ground and me and his girlfriend had to carry him back.  Yeah, I know some Lyle.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up