Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back when people ate watermelons  (Read 5601 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 01:23:10 pm »

Hey, check out the new sig.

Also, this carved melon was huge, but the colour of a cantaloupe.  I wanted to bite it so bad.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 10:09:54 pm »

My grandfather used to grow watermelons in Virginia. And when he would go out to harvest the watermelons certain people would come to the back of his truck and steal some melons and run away. He got seriously tired of losing melons to thievery so one day he had someone else drive the truck while he hid out in the back with the melons. And sure enough he saw a hand come out from the side and try to grab one his melons....
He cut the hand off with a meat cleaver.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 10:29:10 pm »

good lord!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 11:00:16 pm »

Holy shit.


My granddad (well, all four of my grandparents) was a horrible alcoholic.  He also was a lawyer, and the firm owned a plane.  Well, all of the other (people whose name is in the law firm) were alcoholics to, and one time the cut off one of the mechanics arms when they were trying to start the plane drunk.  Stories like this and yours make me wish I was born 80 years earlier.  Is that bad?  I mean, I don't want to cut off peoples arms, but I want the chance to fly a plane drunk or cut off someones arm who is stealing my watermelons or drive a lawn mower to the liquor store when I am too drunk to drive without the police being involved.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2007, 11:04:59 pm »

And to think I was impressed with my grandad's amateur undertaking.

(Note that when I say "amateur undertaking" I am not referring to some unspecified pursuit he undertook on an amateur basis; I mean that he had the ashes of several friends and acquaintances in his garden shed.)

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2007, 11:12:59 pm »

See pops cutting some guy's hand off for stealing a melon is definitely a thing. But I want to know what happened in the 10 minutes following
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2007, 01:10:40 am »

Hey, check out the new sig.

Sweet, I'm famous.  I like to think that if you hadn't attributed it to me eventually I would have followed in the footsteps of Judy and Paul, innocently posting to ask why you were so into watermelons.  That is a dream of mine. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2007, 11:09:33 pm »

I can just picture a dude with a strawboater and a handlebar mustache, sitting on a checkered blanket eating a picnic of watermelons.

I wasn't wearing a straw hat, but I had watermelon yesterday.  It wasn't that great though because it's too early in the year.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2007, 01:53:45 am »

My granddad (well, all four of my grandparents) was a horrible alcoholic.

This fact blindsided me.

I'm just fuck*ng with you - both of my parents and all three brothers are alcoholics/drug addicts.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Back when people ate watermelons
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 03:10:08 am »

The only one I can think of that could use the content provided by the ladies of TOUAMB for his own profit is Jough. 

"TOUAMBies gone wild! 

I was thinking the same thing as I went through the photos thread.  Actually, I was thinking "Dang, we gots some fine lookin' chochachas* up in this piece!" But then the "TOUAMBers GONE WILD" thing came in a close second.

Also, I like watermelon, but I haven't had a decent one in years.

I bought a blender today, though, so I may get a wassermelon just to make some kind of watermelon smoothie.


* Feminine ending of chochachos
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up