Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, I suppose?  (Read 20018 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2007, 07:42:27 pm »

I would have probably spent more time with Jake or Baby Daddy, but you are basically Rock and Roll as far as I am concerned, Paul.

Well I did spend time with them too, but neither of them fondled my moustache.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2007, 09:01:55 pm »

Until they dissolve?

I pop mine in the dishwasher now - basically until I hesitate to dirty my greasy plates with the sponge.  Although all mine start life as beer making equipment.  Its one of the few circumstances in our household where my wife gets the hand-me-downs.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2007, 09:03:20 pm »

Well I did spend time with them too, but neither of them fondled my moustache.

Man . . . man.

Also, my mother has sponges that have been in the family since the Carter administration.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2007, 09:12:39 pm »

I have all sorts of weird childhood memories surrounding powdered milk (mostly at daycare, since my parents at least tried to keep us eating in the Lower 48 style at home), but what I really remember on this subject was my father staring at me while I ate a bowl of cereal dry. "Do you usually do that?" he said. "That's really strange."

I still usually eat cereal dry. Is that pathological?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2007, 09:18:04 pm »

I have all sorts of weird childhood memories surrounding powdered milk (mostly at daycare, since my parents at least tried to keep us eating in the Lower 48 style at home), but what I really remember on this subject was my father staring at me while I ate a bowl of cereal dry. "Do you usually do that?" he said. "That's really strange."

I still usually eat cereal dry. Is that pathological?

Not if your parents made you use powdered milk, it's not.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2007, 09:20:15 pm »

When you eat cereal dry, do you still use a spoon?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2007, 09:32:43 pm »

I still usually eat cereal dry. Is that pathological?

I always eat cereal dry. Raisin bran, frosted mini-wheats, Fruity Pebbles, all if it dry. I actually have a box of CUNT yogurt Cheerios in my desk drawer at work in case I need a handful or two in the morning.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2007, 09:34:31 pm »

Yeah this guy is either one of us or he's created an elaborate identity to carry off a complicated long-game trolling.
Either way I'm impressed.

By the way, it's not Tea-eh-Time-eh is it?

About an hour ago I just read for the first time: "It's pronounced Teh-ah-tim-eh, sir"
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2007, 10:07:50 pm »

When you eat cereal dry, do you still use a spoon?

It depends on the size of the pieces. Generally, yes, but with Frosted Mini Wheats and other big chunky cereal I'll occasionally just use my hands.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2007, 10:12:32 pm »

Such as one eats popcorn.

I am totally with you on this, Vee.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2007, 10:19:27 pm »

About an hour ago I just read for the first time: "It's pronounced Teh-ah-tim-eh, sir"

And I hope you are the better for it. I just wish I had the book handy so I could have got the spelling right.

Dry cereal is awesome, all crunchy and grelicious. Milky cereal turns into tasteless sludge with alarming efficiency.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2007, 10:34:53 pm »

It depends on the size of the pieces. Generally, yes, but with Frosted Mini Wheats and other big chunky cereal I'll occasionally just use my hands.

Frosted Mini Wheats are toooooo dry for me to eat without copious amounts of skim milk. Then again, I take meds that give me hella dry mouth, so your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:45:01 pm by linnea »
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2007, 11:01:17 pm »

Frosted Mini Wheats are toooooo dry for me to eat without copious amounts of skim milk. Then again, I take meds that give me hella dry mouth, so your mileage may vary.

I used to take those same "meds", but I always ate Cap'n Crunch afterwards.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2007, 11:12:24 pm »

I used to take those same "meds", but I always ate Cap'n Crunch afterwards.

Did eating the Cap'n Crunch require ice-cold milk pods?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I suppose?
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2007, 11:20:24 pm »

DAMMIT! I do not take those "meds". I get pee tested at random as part of being a medic, for pity's sake.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up