Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Scott Kurtz is a dick.  (Read 34463 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 11:52:25 pm »

Backing up a bit: I have always wanted to give Frank Cho a chance, as various friends of mine love his work, but I am deeply unnerved by the "male characters are all extremely cartoony and/or talking animals, female characters are realistically rendered and very hot" style. I mean, dude, just admit you can't give two shits about drawing the human figure unless you want to fuck it and move on.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 11:58:31 pm »

again: judy, you've grown so fast.

"huh. whatever, fag."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 12:09:28 am »

Quote from: mczapp
I JUST CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF JOKES ABOUT VIDEOGAMES AND RPGS.

Well said, Person Who May Have Only Registered Just To Say That.

This is a lot of what I mean with a comic like PvP.

"Nerds are on the internet, so I will make a comic strip about... things I think nerds like!'

Blah. fuck*ng blah, man.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 12:52:04 am »

"Nerds are on the internet, so I will make a comic strip about... things I think nerds like!'

Totally agreed and what's sad is, that seems to suddenly propel them to stardom and inexplicably make their authors think like this asshole. The fact that a comic like Achewood can survive in this pit of topical vapidity is an even bigger testament to how creative and highly excellent it is. I mean, look at fuck*ng SPRITE COMICS

EDIT: oh god "Félipé". What's wrong with these people. Is it that hard to understand weird entertainment? What do these people have to say about fuck*ng Adult Swim shows? Those things seem to be pretty fuck*ng popular these days, and those make no sense. What do they think of those?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 12:58:28 am by MattFish »
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 01:09:16 am »

The only thing that could make this better would be if we can provoke Sean Howard to flaming-death-spiral his way through a five page bipolar pat-rant on the general subject / miscreants involved.

I may have to bribe him into doing this, with my precious crime-dollars.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

mczapp

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 01:45:26 am »

I'm sorry I listened to this, but... "I don't like Felipe <sic> because he's way too innocent.  But I liked him when he got bad, when he got possessed by Billy Joel."

Billy Joel.

This stupid asshole confused Billy Joel for Billy Idol. 
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 01:55:48 am »

Is this a regular thing, this podcast or whatever it was?  I can't imagine a talk show that dedicates (what seemed like) 2 hours to talking about a single anything much less a webcomic.  Maybe a whole show about all webcomics, but the whole damn thing just about Achewood.  The only purpose I can glean from all of that is it is a forum for lesser cartoonist to dump on their superiors.

Is this what all podcast are like, inarticulate assholes spouting ill informed opinions?

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

mczapp

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 01:59:20 am »

Oh God.
I just heard Scott Kurtz's whiney, nasally voice rape my eardrums.
I like how Kurtz's highest example of art defying convention is The Matrix.

Yeah.  Sorry, bro.  You are too dumb to "get" Achewood.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 02:17:17 am »

Quote
Is this what all podcast are like, inarticulate assholes spouting ill informed opinions?

Yeah...but the statement would also be true if you replaced "podcast" with "internet".

mczapp

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 02:36:49 am »

Dear Chris Onstad,

doesn't think you're funny.

I hope you can handle the trauma.

Sincerely,
mczapp
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2007, 02:41:43 am »

wow.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theauthors

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 02:43:55 am »

let me ask you something: what is making sense?
Logged
"I thought about the Big Bang and thought whether it was really a big bang, or did it just sound louder since there was no other noise to drown it out?"

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2007, 03:14:06 am »

That's a good size fellow. I like how he has surrounded himself with pictures of women that don't look like real humans. That's cool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2007, 03:19:43 am »

That's a good size fellow. I like how he has surrounded himself with pictures of women that don't look like real humans. That's cool.

The two pictures in the background are covers of Frank Cho books.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick.
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2007, 03:35:33 am »

The two pictures in the background are covers of Frank Cho books.

CBG.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up