Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.  (Read 7259 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 10:19:03 pm »

Fuck, you think things that don't show up in your posts? I thought we were getting your total output.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 10:21:08 pm »

I demand context on "Nooooooo! My spumoni!", because otherwise my brain will run itself ragged trying to think of one


I'm note sure if having context will even help because there is no logic to these comics, but here's the story. Dr. Evil threw a gong-gong ax and a mushu mallet at the two K'nex people because they were eating spumoni. The spumoni melted and they were upset. Later, a rock turns into a fried onion named Lacma, and Attila the Hun becomes a bassoonist and joins the youth orchestra.

As for song parodies, I suck at writing them, so I really like listening/reading them. Please sir, can we have some more?
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 10:36:40 pm »

Quote from: Nabubrush drinks (a lot)
Fuck, you think things that don't show up in your posts? I thought we were getting your total output.

For better or for worse, Nabu, not anywhere near it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 11:11:49 pm »

For better or for worse, Nabu, not anywhere near it.

Sir, I salute your plenteous output!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 12:42:47 am »

Sir, I salute your plenteous output!

This is a really weird phrase to read in a thread I associate indelibly with "turd in a box."

I'm just sayin'.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 07:59:39 pm »

I am like a foot taller than my older sister so she used to maintain dominance in the household by spider-climbing up to the ceiling in hallways, lurking until I passed underneath, and dropping onto me.

That's all I've really got for this topic.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 08:18:47 pm »

REPEEEEEEEEEENT!

I read this as being shouted by Frank Black - is that how it was intended?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 08:52:51 pm »

In the Pixies song Caribou, Frank bellows "repent" several times.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 10:21:16 pm »

I am like a foot taller than my older sister so she used to maintain dominance in the household by spider-climbing up to the ceiling in hallways, lurking until I passed underneath, and dropping onto me.

Your sister sounds awesome.  I maintained my superiority with a lightning fast crotch kick to my younger brother.  I don't know why he still talks to me.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 11:06:56 pm »

I don't know, man, spider and the fly stuff fits in pretty damn good.

I'd ask if she had any particular war cry when dropping in but it doesn't really matter 'cause my mind has already supplied her with a few.

Just a conversational "Hey!" if anything.

Incidentally, since it occurred to me that not everyone might know what I mean by "spider-climbing", it's when you climb up between two opposing walls by applying pressure to both. Thinking about it, there was significant athleticism involved in this dropping down on me business.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 01:40:44 am »


You do not want to hear a song about He-Man's girlfriend "Teela" to the tune of Layla.

It is probably for the better that I cannot play any instruments, is all I'm saying.

When I was little we had a pet dove that we named Teela after that show. We had to give her to a bird sanctuary after a while, because she kept laying unfertilized eggs and the veterinarian thought she'd have a better life there.
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 04:48:14 am »

If I had a sibling that could spider-climb up walls, I would not be on top of the sibling ladder. Luckily, I only have a skinny brother that can run fast, but not fast enough to escape doom.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 04:55:31 am »

Back in my younger, skinnier days, I used to spider climb up the walls of the hallways in my dorm.  It was fun to just hang out and give people the hairy eyeball as they walked by (under?)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 12:52:22 pm »

I apparently tried to gain superiority over my older brother by breaking his nose rather often when we were younger. Probably three times... But then I broke my own nose to make him feel better.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: There is a very complicated power dynamic in my household.
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2007, 12:24:06 am »

We had to give her to a bird sanctuary after a while, because she kept laying unfertilized eggs and the veterinarian thought she'd have a better life there.
Is this considered a bad thing?  Maybe she was trying to pay you back in kind for all the grelicious birdseed.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up