Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!  (Read 19371 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 05:44:39 pm »


Seriously, for all this "oh, you're just riffing" no one is actually explaining what could be attractive about a dude.


Ok, I'll go for it. For a start:

1. Cute butts
2. Nice manly back and shoulders
3. A chest that has just enough muscles that it looks like you could haul a bag of mulch around for me but not like you spend hours at the gym obsessing about how you look. No unsightly bulges.

I assume we are leaving out nice faces, eyes, hair etc as those are shared by ladies and dudes.


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 05:46:18 pm »

I like women that don't look like all their hair has fallen out due to radical new medical treatments, but all women in today's media (especially porn) seem to think hair is evil unless it is above thier shoulders. There is nothing inherently wrong in having armpit hair, women. Don't believe the lies. It doesn't fall out on its own because it is supposed to grow there.

Quoted for Thank god men who think this way still exist.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 05:51:18 pm »

This is why the Lady Display is now in the chestical area as opposed to the rump as it was in the trees of Madagascar.

Well, I didn't realize your brain was broken. That's going to make this harder. I'm not going to suggest that you broaden your enjoyment of what can be sexy and exciting and beautiful, because you are clearly happy with the way things are. I will say that, because I find rumps and scents and armpit hair exciting, in addition to the things you like, I have more things to enjoy about my mate - not even to get into the fact that because of my personal proclivities, I double my chances of a date for Saturday night (as Woody Allen would say).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 05:55:53 pm »

So… Didn't a person of Finnish descent join this board not so long ago?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 06:05:42 pm »

Well we can go back to the concept of beauty as per a dozen of different philosophers, but I think this is the type of stuff that can't be explained. You either feel it or you don't. I for myself cannot bypass criteria (which is I would believe hardwired into our brains) such as an inherent fondness for harmony of parts, elegance, grace and so on, the sheer animal pleasure that the eye finds in observing a well-shaped object, be it a man's body or a woman's. Maybe it's the beauty that one finds in an object that expresses its potential to the maximum - I mean, have you seen some athletes performing, like swimmers, or marathonists? People who draw might have a heightened sense of that particular beauty - the tension, the weight and how the parts move together gracefully.

This is all of course separated from any sexual context, and when sex comes into play that's where it gets tricky. I think we can draw a line that starts from your invested interest in a certain gender, as a sexual person. If you're a man and straight, you might find the male form beautiful, but not attractive. As a straight man myself, that's how it happens with me: I find the female body beautiful and I'd like to perform hella raw stuff on/with it. The male body - hella beautiful, yes (am thinking right now of some battle scenes from the movie "300", with all those seminaked Spartans), but just as with a beautiful and well-constructed chair, that's where it stops. You mentioned that a strong dude's body makes you think about a machine for lifting heavy things - isn't it possible to think of a *beautiful* machine for lifting heavy things? You can see how a guy could get confused.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 06:15:07 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 06:21:57 pm »

And a dude is left with no answers.

It is as though I am asking how a man could be sexually attractive and y'all are saying "BUT IT'S IN THE BIBLE!"

This is no concrete argument, but a number of classical painters preferred to depict the male body rather than female because of the definition and greater complexity of muscle tone, rather than the smooth textures of the female.


Maybe a problem is that when people think of muscular dudes, the bodies that come to mind are usually the product of steriods.  All bulging and out of proportion to the rest of the body, hulklike with poor flexibilty.  For real, natural muscle, the best example I can think of is UFC fighters.  Those dudes are bad-ass.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 07:01:36 pm »

If you're a man and straight, you might find the male form beautiful, but not attractive. As a straight man myself, that's how it happens with me: I find the female body beautiful and I'd like to perform hella raw stuff on/with it. The male body - hella beautiful, yes (am thinking right now of some battle scenes from the movie "300", with all those seminaked Spartans), but just as with a beautiful and well-constructed chair, that's where it stops.

Hey, I'm in agreement. I think the line between hetero and homo is a continuum, and when it comes down to it, there are few pure examples of either end of the spectrum. However, males are "enouraged" to represent as pure heteros, while females are "encouraged" to represent as bi. But the point wasn't someone saying "I am not attracted to males because I am straight". What was said was "I can't understand - the male form is ugly".

I think muscular, not overdone males are nice to look at. I like big arms and pecs and shoulders. The tight butt Wombles alluded to is just attractive to me. All the miscellanous male pieces and parts are appealing too. I can't understand looking at male parts and not finding them enjoyable. It makes sense to me that some men would look at other attractive males and not get turned on, but it doesn't make sense to me to look at other males and find them repugnant.

I mean, some men are hot. It's just a thing. You can say "I wouldn't get with him" but I can't see being honest with yourself and saying "Johnny Depp/Brad Pitt/Ewan MacGregor = not attractive".

Or if this was 20 years ago Tom Selleck/Burt Reynolds/you get the picture.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 08:43:39 pm »

Quote from: *****_god
This is no concrete argument, but a number of classical painters preferred to depict the male body rather than female because of the definition and greater complexity of muscle tone, rather than the smooth textures of the female.

Okay, now this is probably getting closer to the heart of what I was talking about. I hadn't thought of it that way.

The definition and complexity of muscle tone is just vulgar and animal to my tastes, I guess. I suppose I figured such things were that way to everyone and... like... people got used to such vulgarity because sex is fun.

But, man, there is something Deeply Inside Me that is repulsed by the animal because to be reminded that you are animal is to be reminded that you will die like an animal. A thought that I do not particularly care dwelling upon frequently.

The smooth textures are awesome. I love the smooth textures. That is pretty much what I am all about. This is why though I probably have very specific standards, I also am all about women who would be considered kinda chunky in terms of modeling and actress standards. Angles turn me the hell off. Super-skinny ladies and super-muscular ladies do little for me.

I just... I guess I figured that no one actually liked those things and just accepted them. I guess some people like to deal with unyielding and pointy things. Fair enough.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 08:46:33 pm »

I just... I guess I figured that no one actually liked those things and just accepted them. I guess some people like to deal with unyielding and pointy things. Fair enough.

You aren't really clear on how man-on-man sex works, are you?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 08:50:26 pm »

Well, I'm also not really that clear on how a... parachute works... because I would definitely dislike skydiving.

I'm happy that some people enjoy skydiving, I'm glad that it provides them joy. But it scares me to watch it and I ain't gonna try it. I will moulder in my grave without any regrets about not skydiving so... I pretty much do not need to know for parachutes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2007, 09:25:21 pm »

What type of gay porn would the Finnish produce?  I am imagining a couple of fully-clothed men sitting around in a hotel room, drinking vodka and acting kind of dour.  The presence of (double) subtitles suggests that they do speak to each other at some point.

Personally, I picture Tom of Finland, just on an international level.

(I would like to say I regret that my first two associations with the word "Finland" are extremely muscular, hypermasculine gay porn and Moomintrolls, but I can't actually say I do regret it...)
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 10:38:03 pm »

I would like to say I regret that my first two associations with the word "Finland" are extremely muscular, hypermasculine gay porn and Moomintrolls, but I can't actually say I do regret it...

I'm afraid of both porn (specifically the non-clothiness) and Moomins, and now Finland sounds terrifying.

Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 12:00:59 am »

Nabu just made me remember Smells hut-o-porn clerking days clean up of returned disks stories.

When will the heaving end in sympathy for the poor gob wiping clerk?

*aak*

Sorry, I came to this thread late, but... Whaaaat?  You have imagined that sir.  The porno shop was back in the days of the VHS, but this is beside the point:  I've never been paid to clean jizz off anything.

Also, Chuano, the theatre I work at is about to tour "Comet in Moominland" to New York, and I get on pretty well with the actors.  If you'd like I could arrange a private Moomin' Porno show to break you of both fears at once.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 02:53:07 am »

Remember the time Chachi bought that wax spray that damaged Al's tables, Potsie's hair, and Fonzie's chopper saddle? And Fonzie vowed revenge? That shit was sick.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 21, 2007 - give... me... thaaaaat!
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 03:33:16 am »

Remember the time Chachi bought that wax spray that damaged Al's tables, Potsie's hair, and Fonzie's chopper saddle? And Fonzie vowed revenge? That shit was sick.

I'd tell you how to get a job working with me, but you'd just say shit like this all the time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up