Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Raisin bread  (Read 10983 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Raisin bread
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:04:04 pm »

Raisin bread.  Can it compare to regular bread?
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:07:57 pm »

No.  But PECAN-raisin bread - now that's worth eating.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:24:04 pm »

A salami sandwich made with raisin bread actually sounds really delicious. But this is from the person that eats avocados on blueberry bagels.

As for raisin bread itself, it can never compare with delicious red bean bread, lightly toasted.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 08:28:38 pm »

I am a fan of all things raisin. Oatmeal raisin cookies, raisin bread, raisin bran - you can't beat it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 08:31:24 pm »

Blueberry bagels are an abomination no matter what you put on them. A sign of the decline of civilization in general.  What the hell, people - bagels are not muffins!

I like raisins in their place but I hate when they are sneaked into things they don't belong in. Apple strudel, say, or rice pudding.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 08:47:19 pm »

The best is raisins in cole slaw.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 08:50:38 pm »

I am a fan of all things raisin. Oatmeal raisin cookies, raisin bread, raisin bran - you can't beat it.

Soft oatmeal raisin cookies are the platonic ideal of raisin usage. Yogurt raisins would be up there if they didn't have 78% of your saturated fat.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 08:54:01 pm »

I've always hated cooked rasins in anything.  Don't like em in bread, puddings, always think cookies would be better off without them... The only way I tolerate rasins is uncooked - maybe in a trial mix.  But I'm not a fan.  Their just so shrivelled and dead.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 08:59:38 pm »

raisins... I do not like them.

Bagels...are best plain. With Cream Cheese or Butter... or both.
But I really like Potato Bagels... those things are grelicious.
At home, I eat bagel sandwiches constantly. They are lovely.

but raisins, no. Speaking of them putting things where they don't belong: peas in tuna salad. No way Jose am I eating that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 09:03:33 pm »

The best is raisins in cole slaw.

NOOOOOOOOOO

OMG I hope I don't ever get served such a thing without realizing it, I will jump to the conclusion that it has bugs it in and it will be SO GROSS.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 09:06:34 pm »

Put some rosemary in with it, and some pine nuts maybe. Possibly use a little polenta flour to help the texture.

I like making bread...

Plus, I think the best use of raisins (and sultanas) is in makhani murgh, but that might just be me!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 09:07:48 pm »

I am across the board not a fan of raisins.

But I AM a fan of onion bagels with CUNT cream cheese.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 09:14:50 pm »

I am often surprised by myself when I find myself liking something with raisins in it.  My default raisin preference is "no".

I used to be all snobby about bagels - you know, basically that eating a bagel should be a form of penance or something, but eventually I decided that bagels and pizza are in the same culinary tradition:  foods that originated as something specific in an ethnic cuisine, and have been elevated to something greater by popularity.  I like the various cheese-caramelized ones, with Monterey being a favourite.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 09:16:17 pm »


But I AM a fan of onion bagels with CUNT cream cheese.

OH GOD

You are just saying that to jerk my chain, right?

And what could possibly be penitential about a good bagel of a normal flavor with good plain cream cheese?  Oh, these kids today.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Raisin bread
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 10:13:57 pm »

Just for Wombat, I'll try my hardest not to mention the horrible culinary Frankenstein's monsters that I occasionally eat. Because, while the average person would just vomit, Wombat would either psychically eliminate my stomach or weep forever.

Blueberry bagels are an abomination no matter what you put on them. A sign of the decline of civilization in general.

I am like that mad scientist that creates a horrible creature that terrifies all, except with food.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up