I used to love chunky, and then I loved creamy. But then I developed a peanut allergy in my late 20s, suddenly; so the question no longer plagues me. I now eat cashew butter, which is tasty, and only comes in "gritty," I guess, so it seems a nice compromise; although I miss Thai food something terrible.
Re: snacks...
a big bowl of Nicoise or picholine olives, and an icy cold pastis. I am also a cheese fanatic and will eat nearly every kind of cheese (save for the wormy kind and the kind commonly described as "process cheese food").
Thinking on snacks has made me realize I actually do have one guilty pleasure, despite what my post in that thread says: Ketchup flavored Pringles. I have to have my friend in Canucktopia ship them to me a few times a year, as I have yet to find them here in the US. I don't have any idea how I do it, but I can down a whole can of those in record time. They are so awful they're delicious. If I'm feeling extra naughty, I'll eat them with pickle slices on top.
Yes, MoF loves the salt.