Back in the nineties I was pretty heavily into tattoos and piercings and I had this fascination with BME, or body modification ezine. There is some pretty scary and hardcore stuff in there. I haven't been there in a long time but they had some stuff about people who had amputation fetishes and had "accidents" to get limbs removed.
I only had about 10 body piercings and one tattoo, so it's not like i'm a Suicidegirl or anything. Basically I don't recommend them*.
-------------------
* Way off topic: All my piercings are out because I developed a pretty bad allergy to metal as a result of all the piercings. It is so bad that I can't even wear gold, titanium, or niobium, much less silver, so I'm not sure if it's a nickel allergy or if I just have insanely sensitive skin or if it's all metal alloys. I'm kind of worried that I won't be able to wear a wedding band when I get married, which would be sad. I have to sew patches inside my jeans to cover up the rivets or else I get really bad contact dermatitis, and then the rest of my skin gets sympathy hives. I have to get bras with plastic components instead of metal (like the little slidey things that adjust the straps). I have to wear a watch when I'm on call so that I can get patient vital signs, so I had to get one with an all-velcro strap that covers up the metal back of the watch. I have to have plastic glasses so that the metal doesn't touch my skin. Etc...
However, I have a couple bracelets that are glass beads on stretch cord that I can wear even though they have some little metal charms that dangle off them. I wear them until I start to get The Rash and then I have to lay off for a few days.