Is it too late to post here? I've been away, you see.
I once tried to give myself a bikini wax at home after a little too much Jack Daniels, and even with a shot of Jack before each tear-strip, I had to quit after I started bruising. Although I am blondish, I am also of eastern European descent, so...for lack of a more delicate example, the coarseness of my Natural Area causes me to wear holes in bathing suits.
I shaved for our first wedding anniversary and never looked back. I mostly did it to give Pedro a little something special but I ended up liking it so much that the only time it's been back to nature was right after my son was born. I even somehow managed to keep shaving when I was 9 months pregnant. I realized after the fact that since my mother-in-law witnessed the birth she probably knows a tad more about our sex life than she wanted to. Unless she thinks they still routinely shave all women for delivery, which Mom says was common practice when my brother and I were born. Something to do with "hygeine." Pretty odd for the 70's if you ask me.
I was thinking about getting a Brazilian after Christmas so that I wouldn't have to worry about stubble when this baby is born. Despite my past experience, I thought it might be less painful at a professional salon, but after reading linnea's description I think I'll pass.
Also I once dated a guy who shaved his chest and I thought it was icky. I think men should have hair. If I wanted to sleep with someone with no chest hair, I'd date women. I mean, at least they have boobies.