I have actually never bought a Pavement record. I did have to steal them the old fashion way though, the CD-R. Back when everyone in your group had most of the same cd's and everyone had about 1/4 that were bought and all others copied.
And, while Malkmus is a member of one of my current bands, he is not really an important part, as I was trying to say. I don't even know the main dudes name, just know I like his tunes. I think his first name is Steve from some of the songs. Music reviewers are as shitty as msm reporters. I don't need their shit, and I don't need heroes. I need anonymous people making amazing music, because that is what I listen to.
But yeah, I should have known how to spell his name. He is pretty big time. Plus I have a solo album of his that I have never listened to on iTunes. So I have at least glanced at his name, but it was one of those things were I guess I thought I knew how to spell it (I have been pronouncing his name Malk-A-mus, stress on the middle A since I was like 15. Probably never said it more than ten times though) so never really paid attention.