Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Poll

What's on your bumper

I don't deface my car with trivia
Nothing - haven't gotten my favourite thing made into one yet
Something PG or tamer
Something obscene
Something political
All my opinions are available on the back of my ride.
Something Achewood

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bumper stickers?  (Read 9302 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2007, 09:43:46 pm »



I don't use bumper stickers, but if I did this would be it.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2007, 01:42:09 am »

Lister understands bumper stickers perfectly.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2007, 01:43:18 am »

Thankfully I do not have nuanced views. Fire bad! Chocolate Babies Good!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2007, 05:45:48 pm »

I have a Washington Nationals sticker on my car.

Because I felt the need to show affinity to an organization of people making millions, to whom I'm already giving several hundred bucks a year.  Yeah.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2007, 11:49:06 pm »

My vehicle displays only my school and masonic affiliations. My best friend's jeep, on the other hand, has loud bumperstickers warning flag burners, pro-choicers, and something to do with the rebel flag. Of all of these, the one that someone chose to deface was a fan sticker for the german national soccer team.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 01:47:29 am »

My vehicle displays only my school and masonic affiliations. My best friend's jeep, on the other hand, has loud bumperstickers warning flag burners, pro-choicers, and something to do with the rebel flag. Of all of these, the one that someone chose to deface was a fan sticker for the german national soccer team.

You gotta watch out talking about that German national soccer team - look what happened to you! You're at -7 cans now!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 09:32:15 am »

masonic affiliations

How did that group go from gold standard for secret society that probably rules the world to bumper stickers in just a few decades? Nothing against the masons, the few I know go in for a lot of good charitable work etc. it's just that the phrase 'Masonic bumper sticker' sticks in my language processing centres.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 12:00:10 pm »

You gotta watch out talking about that German national soccer team - look what happened to you! You're at -7 cans now!
I've been losing cans for no probable cause. The point of the whole 'anonymous reasonless karmic can' system is lost on me.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 01:12:41 pm »

How did that group go from gold standard for secret society that probably rules the world to bumper stickers in just a few decades? Nothing against the masons, the few I know go in for a lot of good charitable work etc. it's just that the phrase 'Masonic bumper sticker' sticks in my language processing centres.

Does one still get excommunicated for joining the masons?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2007, 01:15:33 pm »

No, the pope dropped that battle a long time ago. There are many catholic members.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2007, 02:00:12 pm »

I live across the street from a former Masonic temple. My neighbor told me it started going downhill about 30 years ago, with less and less members, and the ones who did show up were doddering up and down the sidewalk. Then they ended up having to rent it out for kids dances and stuff like that, and then they had to sell it. I think the Masons have fallen on hard times.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2007, 02:23:18 pm »

I think I've mentioned here before that I got a small bursary from the Masons at my graduation, right?  Anyway, when I went up at my grad ceremony, the mason guy handed me an envelope, shook my hand, and whispered in my ear "the envelope it empty.  I forgot the check at home.  We'll mail it to you, okay?"  It's interesting that a secret society gave me an empty envelope at a ceremony.... I can't help but think it was a signal that I don't understand.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2007, 03:19:59 pm »

I worked for a while with a guy who was a DeMolay, and presumably later a Mason. He took it pretty seriously, but we pretty much thought he was a clown. He's very active and high-up in Alaska politics now - he's run a few campaigns for Stevens and his ilk ('his ilk' always sounds bad to me).

Shit, I guess being a Mason works.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2007, 05:33:39 pm »

my grandfather was a Mason back in the day-- but he gave it up because you couldn't be a Catholic and a Mason, and my grandma is really Catholic. So, he dropped that shit like a bag of used syringes, apparently.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2007, 08:43:44 pm »

I work in a former Mason Fraternity.  It is a wicked cool building, but they ended up having to sell it to the University.

In other words, yeah, hard times for the Masons.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up