Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07  (Read 10845 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 04:05:38 pm »

4chan, Somethingawful, Fark. Facebook, Myspace, Friendster. Livejournal. World of Warcraft Forums. Kingdom of Loathing forums. This board. Assbar. Slashdot. YTMND. There is too much Internet. I simply can't handle it all. How can you people start and keep track of all those threads? Most of you are gainfully employed. There is no way you can actually read through all of these threads (Science and Nature, Sports, whatever). How is it done? I'm exhausted. I am simply unable to handle that much Internet.

Wuss.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 04:37:53 pm »

I am pretty much going to make a LOL-Danielle, with danielle being a friend from highschool. The text will read "Im in ur City-- Teachin ur sistr."

I do not know why this situation screamed "lol-image" to me.

Also: I am not sure why I knew this term, but lolicons are dissimilar and creepy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 05:51:48 pm »

4chan, Somethingawful, Fark. Facebook, Myspace, Friendster. Livejournal. World of Warcraft Forums. Kingdom of Loathing forums. This board. Assbar. Slashdot. YTMND. There is too much Internet. I simply can't handle it all. How can you people start and keep track of all those threads? Most of you are gainfully employed. There is no way you can actually read through all of these threads (Science and Nature, Sports, whatever). How is it done? I'm exhausted. I am simply unable to handle that much Internet.

The secret is to bear in mind that 99+% of the Internet, like the rest of the world, consists of people talking to someone other than you. The only difference is that on the Internet many more of these conversations are happening within your "hearing" range.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 06:10:55 pm »

Ben! Don't be such a stranger!

The last two panels of this comic made me absurdly happy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 12:33:57 am »

The Wikipedia entry is wrong. An article name can not start with a lowercase letter due to technical limitations.

Other than that, though, this strip was effin awwwwwsum. I laughed, and then I laughed again.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 01:22:20 am »

I...

I just walked in on my mom looking at PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE. She said "aren't these supposed to be funny? these are just stupid. Where are the funny ones?"
I could not tell her where to find the funny ones. Is there some central depository of clever ones?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 02:04:16 am »

4chan, Somethingawful, Fark. Facebook, Myspace, Friendster. Livejournal. World of Warcraft Forums. Kingdom of Loathing forums. This board. Assbar. Slashdot. YTMND. There is too much Internet. I simply can't handle it all. How can you people start and keep track of all those threads? Most of you are gainfully employed. There is no way you can actually read through all of these threads (Science and Nature, Sports, whatever). How is it done? I'm exhausted. I am simply unable to handle that much Internet.

That's what I use IRC for.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 05:57:12 am »

I...

I just walked in on my mom looking at PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE. She said "aren't these supposed to be funny? these are just stupid. Where are the funny ones?"
I could not tell her where to find the funny ones. Is there some central depository of clever ones?

You're mother is wrong to suppose that there are actual "funny ones."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 08:22:49 am »

I'm pretty partial to one that has a small kitten claiming that he baked you a cookie, but then instead of giving it to you, ate it.

It's funny because the small kitten is stupid and mispronounces the words in a cute manner, like a 3 or 4 year old.  I have yet to deal with the inability for a kitten to, at his unadvanced age, understand the nuances of baked goods.

I will not even begin on my skepticism on the kittens ability to operate an oven, and crack eggs.

All this aside, however, "ated it" or "eated it" slays me every time.  Beyond that, the cat pidgin bothers me.

In re: this strip.  I enjoy the uplifting nature of the phrase "You CAN has cheezburger!"
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 10:55:30 am »

This is the funniest lolcat I've ever seen, although it was made for a forum thread where people were taking the piss out of PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 12:11:39 pm »

That's what I use IRC for.

Toast and cj_: They look at the Internet so you don't have to.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 12:23:35 pm »

Toast and cj_: They look at the Internet so you don't have to.

Exactly!
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 01:11:22 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 02:26:52 pm »

Confession: I check that I Can Has Cheezeburger site every day and there is at least one a day that I think is funny.

Are you all not my friend anymore?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: You CAN has cheezburger! 7/17/07
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 03:07:05 pm »

Confession: I check that I Can Has Cheezeburger site every day and there is at least one a day that I think is funny.

Are you all not my friend anymore?

We were never your friend, Wombat.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up