Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349667 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1575 on: January 10, 2008, 10:02:35 pm »

Today I'm gonna keep checking to see if he's updated the strip yet.  It just went from "New strip any.. minute... now..." to "New strip - oh fuck it, check back later."  I wonder if I missed any steps in the process.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1576 on: January 10, 2008, 10:21:15 pm »

Back at work - fuck.

Also, my wife just got a sweet Coach handbag about three months ago. It's rad. Then one of the straps started ripping and she was all "now what do I do?" and so we went back and said to the lady "oh hells no" and got a replacement.

So far the Cat Genie is working fine.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1577 on: January 10, 2008, 11:49:19 pm »

find out my best friend's family is moving to Kentucky. He and his sister are both in college, so there was nothing to keep his dad from taking a promotion which involves moving. Which is great for them, but... shit. Unless he comes to visit me, I will not see him? I don't know what the Air Force Academy's policy is on having guys sleep on your couch, but it is probably more strict than my school's.

Other than that, today I helped my mom drive some stuff somewhere, watched TV, read, and generally was lazy. later I might get coffee with this girl I met at SATs like two years ago.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:07:35 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1578 on: January 11, 2008, 12:52:06 am »

Today I found out im going back to Virginia - to HSC. Fuck yea.
Now I have to solve 100 problems so I can move in... this weekend.

It is a good day to be alive.



That is so excellent!  Congrats.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1579 on: January 11, 2008, 02:37:29 am »

Now I have to solve 100 problems so I can move in... this weekend.

Yeah!  Awesome to hear you'll soon be in a place you want to be.  I find when there are too many problems, it is better to think of them as one big problem - i.e. straightening shit out - it makes it less daunting.  You know, like a pass/fail grading system rather than a percentage thing.  I mean, sure you may find yourself sleeping on a park bench, but did you make it back to Virginia?  Yes?  Pass!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1580 on: January 11, 2008, 03:14:25 am »

A-CAP, I'm glad to hear that things are going better for you now.

I'm going to work out, go to class, and then head up to a friend's place tomorrow night so I can ski Saturday. Skiing is a thing that I've always liked to do since I was a kid, but had very few opportunities to do recently. (see: Iraq) I usually was going only once or twice a year, but I definitely want to hit the slopes as much as possible this season. My school does cheap ski rentals and lift tickets. How cool is that?

Also, am I the only one who just types A-CAP's old screen name and trusts the filters to change it? It is not a reflection of my feelings toward A-CAP, but rather that I am a lazy person, and two more keystrokes...well, sorry.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1581 on: January 11, 2008, 03:17:37 am »

Congrats, my invisible-hand-of-Spider-Man friend.

Second chances are rare, I'm glad that you got one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1582 on: January 11, 2008, 05:07:45 am »

Today I found out im going back to Virginia - to HSC. Fuck yea.
Now I have to solve 100 problems so I can move in... this weekend.

It is a good day to be alive.


Hells and damn yes, ennnwhy! That's some great news. I'm really happy for you. Incredible. You will somehow manage to juggle all 100 things, I just know it. Finally things are looking up for you.

I'm going to try not to rationalize talking myself into buying an Eee before I go on a business trip next week. My first business trip in 7 years.

But I really, really want one.

Linnea, I take back any expensive-handbag-related mocking.

Thank you, dahling. Please don't mock my pain. And I'm so not going to click on that link. The last thing I need is any more unrequited pining in my life.

Back at work - fuck.

Also, my wife just got a sweet Coach handbag about three months ago. It's rad. Then one of the straps started ripping and she was all "now what do I do?" and so we went back and said to the lady "oh hells no" and got a replacement.

So far the Cat Genie is working fine.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK!!!! She gets Nabu any time she wants AND she has a Couch handbag? WHYYYYYYYYY, GOD??
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1583 on: January 11, 2008, 05:21:42 am »

Eee is the sound I will make if I see an Eee in real life. I will also microwave one of those mini Crystal Springs water bottles, pour the hot water into a mini instant ramen, and eat it with the mini rabbit-chopsticks that currently reside under the fridge while checking email.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1584 on: January 11, 2008, 05:26:43 am »

Eee is the sound I will make if I see an Eee in real life. I will also microwave one of those mini Crystal Springs water bottles, pour the hot water into a mini instant ramen, and eat it with the mini rabbit-chopsticks that currently reside under the fridge while checking email.
you microwave plastic bottled water? I mean, now that I think of it, I microwave things in plastic all the time, but that just seems to be begging for a third eye. A-CAP Thinking: Ill bury a computer in my yard any day, but nuke plastic and water? Hellll no.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1585 on: January 11, 2008, 07:07:05 am »

I'm attempting to gain mutant powers by consuming items of dubious safety such as unrefrigerated hoisin sauce, items microwaved in plastic, and old beef jerky.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1586 on: January 11, 2008, 02:52:41 pm »

Today I'm gonna tell you guys that yesterday I scheduled a labor induction for Tuesday, Jan 22.  As in, eleven days from now. 

I also had a "Oh heavens what have we done" moment yesterday in the OB's office.  Especially when he told me that she's about 8 lbs. right now. 

I'm getting those baby jitters, if you have kids you know what I mean.  "What if she has webbed toes?"  "I can't stand waiting another day"  "I'm totally not ready for this" "How am I going to survive those horrible, terrible first weeks of sleep deprivation?"  "Will she look like me?"  "What if she's ten pounds and I need an emergency c-section?"  "Maybe she'll turn out to be a boy after all, and then what will I do with all this pink stuff?"  etc etc etc.  Completely panicked, illogical, and contradictory fears about labor, birth, and parenting that result in absolute emotional exhaustion by the time of the actual birth. 

When I had Little P, we had his induction scheduled three weeks in advance instead of just a week and a half, so we had longer to obsess about these things and longer to get over them.  I remember this feeling of incredible calm coming over me as we went to the hospital, especially once I started actual labor.  It was like, "this is where you have to focus now, finally there is something you can do, and now is the time to do it." 

But until then, I'm liable to be an absolute mess. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1587 on: January 11, 2008, 03:15:06 pm »


.I'm getting those baby jitters, if you have kids you know what I mean.  "What if she has webbed toes?" 

What would be wrong with that? It would probably come along with a really good superpower.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1588 on: January 11, 2008, 04:16:22 pm »

Well, I'm thinking it could go one of two ways. Abe Sapien, or the Penguin (Burton/DeVito style).
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1589 on: January 11, 2008, 04:48:24 pm »

Yeah, see.  Little P didn't sleep through the night until he was sixteen months old.  I hear, however, that this is typical of kids who are atypical in the way that P is. 

I'm hoping that Hero is a little better, although given that I don't think she's slept for more than an hour since the first time I felt her move in utero, expecting her to sleep through the night (6 hours) before her first birthday might be a little ambitious. 

What I'm saying is, I'm carrying the world's tiniest insomniac. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 878   Go Up