Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349835 times)

0 Members and 139 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2007, 05:04:48 am »

Ooooh congratulations to JL and Pedro! And little P will have a little bro! That's so awesome.

theinev: :( Boo to that! At least you tried, though. Maybe in the future you can try again. Were you properly hydrated? Did you drink at least 1 glass of water per hour before you went in? I think that's usually a good rule of thumb for me personally...
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2007, 06:01:42 am »

I mean, I have been really thirsty lately... so maybe I'm dehydrated? I drink water constantly, and yet I constantly want more. This makes me worry.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #512 on: September 12, 2007, 06:09:05 am »

I mean, I have been really thirsty lately... so maybe I'm dehydrated? I drink water constantly, and yet I constantly want more. This makes me worry.

I think you have AIDS, or the Plague. Can I have your computer? I mean... when youre gone?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #513 on: September 12, 2007, 06:57:11 am »

Be not ashamed, inev. Some people have a harder time giving blood than others.

Personally, I should really give more blood than I do; I've got really visible veins, remarkably few needle problems, and enough blood to shake it off. If only I hadn't missed out on my mother's O-type...
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #514 on: September 12, 2007, 11:58:51 am »

I was never able to give blood until I was in my mid-twenties.  All through college I was either anemic or dehydrated.  Then I hit 23 and my metabolism hit the brakes and now I bleed like crazy when they stick me.  I can fill a bag twice as fast as Pedro can. 

But you can't give when prego or nursing.  So it'll be a while. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #515 on: September 12, 2007, 12:02:09 pm »

Way to go, JL! I don't know you very well, but from what I can tell from stuff you write on the internet you make an extremely excellent mother. Giving the kid such a cool name is a darn good start.

Inev, at least you've tried to give it.. I've always meant to but never got round to it. It's probably all a vampire conspiracy anyway, so I'll leave the bloodsucking fiends work for their supper.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2007, 12:17:11 pm »

Good stuff JD. Don't dismiss the power of middle names though. I onl just found out recently my grandfather's name wasn't Roy (as I had assumed for my entire life) it's just that everyone called him that bcause his midde name was Glenroy.

I had a thing about giving blood in first year uni, at the beginning of the year they wouldn't let me because I was underage and needed a parental consent form, at the end of the year I was disqualified becaue of a dang old infected ingrown toenail. I was close to just getting a razor and a bucket and doing the job myself but I worried that wouldn't be sterile enough for donation.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2007, 03:49:06 pm »

Theinev: Thirsty all the time? Does that have to do with drinking alcohol at college? From what I have been told by my doctor, most people are dehydrated because they just don't drink enough plain water. Coffee and other caffeinated bev are diuretics. Drinking 2-3 liters of water a day is normal, and more if you exercise a lot or live in hot weather.

If it doesn't go away, maybe you should mention it to your doctor the next time you go. Have you ever had your blood sugar checked? Does diabetes run in your family?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2007, 04:27:50 pm »

Firstly, all kinds of congrats to JL & Pedro.

Secondly, I work in a desert, so we hear about dehydration all the time. Somebody nice's got it - most people are somewhat dehydrated generally. You could get away with a half gallon a day. I have to drink about a gallon a day at work.

Thirdly, today I am going to cancel our vacation to Chicago. Maybe we will go see the Rembrandt exhibition at the local museum.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2007, 04:47:18 pm »

Quote
Secondly, I work in a desert, so we hear about dehydration all the time. Somebody nice's got it - most people are somewhat dehydrated generally. You could get away with a half gallon a day. I have to drink about a gallon a day at work.

Good. I was imagining that I would soon get a letter from the Diabetes Association of America. "FIND THIS MAN!" etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #520 on: September 12, 2007, 07:22:21 pm »

Firstly, all kinds of congrats to JL & Pedro.

Secondly, I work in a desert, so we hear about dehydration all the time. Somebody nice's got it - most people are somewhat dehydrated generally. You could get away with a half gallon a day. I have to drink about a gallon a day at work.

Thirdly, today I am going to cancel our vacation to Chicago. Maybe we will go see the Rembrandt exhibition at the local museum.

Cripes! That's crazy. I should have realized that you guys were in a desert climate from all the research I did for being stationed at McMurdo (which will not happen because I cannot bear to leave my little boys for even a six month deployment to Antarctica). Being somewhere so dry and arid must really do a number on your tender Portland lungs, eh?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #521 on: September 12, 2007, 10:23:41 pm »

Today im gonna go to this bar a couple feet from my apartment called the continental. Their banner says "5 shots of anything $10 YEA WERE SERIOUS" This could either mean I choose 5 shots or the bartender literally gives me 5 shots of "anything" in exchange for $10. Yes this is a good Wednesday night experiment - Take a hike, Advice.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #522 on: September 12, 2007, 10:35:56 pm »

Pet peeve time: confusing "yea" and "yeah"

Screw you, Continental banner!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2007, 10:36:54 pm »

Today im gonna go to this bar a couple feet from my apartment called the continental. Their banner says "5 shots of anything $10 YEA WERE SERIOUS" This could either mean I choose 5 shots or the bartender literally gives me 5 shots of "anything" in exchange for $10. Yes this is a good Wednesday night experiment - Take a hike, Advice.

This would be nothing but trouble for me.

Cripes! That's crazy. I should have realized that you guys were in a desert climate from all the research I did for being stationed at McMurdo (which will not happen because I cannot bear to leave my little boys for even a six month deployment to Antarctica). Being somewhere so dry and arid must really do a number on your tender Portland lungs, eh?

Or, say, for a week.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2007, 10:49:56 pm »

McMurdo (which will not happen because I cannot bear to leave my little boys for even a six month deployment to Antarctica).
Or, say, for a week.

Heh, tiny can for astuteness. So true.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 878   Go Up