Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349279 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #615 on: September 26, 2007, 07:42:44 am »

...concentrate on getting a political ethics paper done. (this week's topic, torture!) I'm a pretty bad procrastinator and I'm paying for it now. I had 10 days to do this thing and I waited 'til the night before. God I'm an idiot. Bright side: sleep deprivation, reminders about bad personal habit.
Logged

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #616 on: September 26, 2007, 09:54:21 am »

Concentrating on getting a paper done by posting about doing it on here? That's my kind of concentration, right there. Best of luck to you! What's the paper gotta be about exactly?

When I finish work today I'm going to concentrate on not fuck*ng things up with the extremely nice girl who is interested in me. This isn't a situation I am at all experienced with. But it is awesome!
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #617 on: September 26, 2007, 10:22:26 am »

Sleep deprivation is one of my favorite ways of getting fucked up.  Mix it with some other things and you've got yourself a nice little time.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #618 on: September 26, 2007, 10:24:30 am »

Today I spent most of the day concentrating on why all my blank controls have huge signal in them. I'm sure it's just some stupid mistake I made but not knowing what the stupid mistake is makes me very tense.
But I'm home now and I made the huge pile of dishes go away there are battlestar galactica dvds cold cans of coca-cola so things are looking up.

...concentrate on getting a political ethics paper done. (this week's topic, torture!) I'm a pretty bad procrastinator and I'm paying for it now. I had 10 days to do this thing and I waited 'til the night before. God I'm an idiot. Bright side: sleep deprivation, reminders about bad personal habit.
Extra credit?

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #619 on: September 26, 2007, 04:01:17 pm »

Concentrating on getting a paper done by posting about doing it on here? That's my kind of concentration, right there. Best of luck to you! What's the paper gotta be about exactly?

When I finish work today I'm going to concentrate on not fuck*ng things up with the extremely nice girl who is interested in me. This isn't a situation I am at all experienced with. But it is awesome!

Uh, yes well, all work and no play would actually help lprkn be a better student. The paper is not about any one person, it is an examination the use of torture as a tool of the state, and the ethics involved. Actually a somewhat interesting topic. I'm supposed to draw on the various class readings(krauthammer, walzer, shue) to pick a perspective that seems most persuasive, and then justify it.

Best of luck with the whole avoiding sef-sabotage thing!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #620 on: September 26, 2007, 04:14:35 pm »

today, I am going to have a bunch of classes, one of which is the big Quarter One human evolution exam (1/4 of grade, on the first 1/4 of the class). This class is known as being a major bitch, but I have had major non-academic incentives to study, as well as... thinking that Anthro is awesome. So I feel pretty prepared.
Tonight, after a film showing for my film class (maybe Bitter Rice?) is an Exec Staff meeting for the radio station, then we are sponsoring a showing of American Hardcore which I might attend.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #621 on: September 26, 2007, 08:52:53 pm »

today, I am going to have a bunch of classes, one of which is the big Quarter One human evolution exam (1/4 of grade, on the first 1/4 of the class).
See, this is the way I thought college classes were supposed to work.  Unfortunately I had professors who would make us work like demons for 80% of the class, throw us a 10% bone on that, then base 90% of our grade on final-type stuff when you're all distracted by finals in your other classes.  As well as professors who had some mysterious grading system where they arbitrarily assigned you a grade at the end that seemed to have little bearing on what you'd actually demonstrated.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #622 on: September 26, 2007, 08:58:24 pm »

Is that better or worse than the teachers trying to stop grade inflation? I had one that would give final grades on a bell curve so most of us got Cs. But that meant for the whole semester you had only a vague idea what your actual grade might be.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #623 on: September 26, 2007, 11:06:07 pm »

yeah, he basically told us the formula for his curve. he has been teaching the class for almost 20 years.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #624 on: September 27, 2007, 12:44:11 am »

Right now I'm filling out the choices for my 'experiential rotations.'  Next two semesters of school I have to go do 19 day internships at 9 different locations, so now I am haphazardly filling out my choices.  That year will be annoying.  Probably going to have to deal with patients.

Hopefully tonight I will go to some dude's place who has Guitar Hero.  I played it for the first time two weeks ago and it was outstanding.  I played real well.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #625 on: September 27, 2007, 12:49:49 am »

I love guitar hero. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #626 on: September 27, 2007, 12:58:10 am »

Right now I'm filling out the choices for my 'experiential rotations.'  Next two semesters of school I have to go do 19 day internships at 9 different locations, so now I am haphazardly filling out my choices.  That year will be annoying.  Probably going to have to deal with patients.

Hopefully tonight I will go to some dude's place who has Guitar Hero.  I played it for the first time two weeks ago and it was outstanding.  I played real well.

r_g, what are you going to school for?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #627 on: September 27, 2007, 01:01:39 am »

guitar hero is cool. but I am pretty bad at it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #628 on: September 27, 2007, 01:10:51 am »

r_g, what are you going to school for?

Pharmacy.  Just started the fifth year.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #629 on: September 27, 2007, 04:55:08 am »

Some friends and I actually did a short mockdocumentary about Guitar Hero once...

Did I ever share it with you guys and ladies?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 878   Go Up