Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349721 times)

0 Members and 150 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #795 on: October 23, 2007, 04:15:06 pm »

SoCal fo' life, bitch.

or, I guess...

SoCal fo' (the first four years of my) life, bitch.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #796 on: October 23, 2007, 04:51:53 pm »

In the middle of the horrible winter, I usually pause and ask myself why I live where I do.  I mean, why not go somewhere warm?  But I will look back on this thread and remind myself why I am where I am.  A blanket of snow - a blanket of snow vs wild fire - wild fire.  That shit is way too stressful.  I don't know how you can put up with it.  I hope for all of you effected that you are effected in the least problematic of ways possible - you know like the kind of thing that a garden hose can clean up.  Just... just some settled ash on your siding.

You know what place doesn't have snow *or* fire? 

North Carolina. 

Of course, we have the occasional hurricane.  But compared to blizzards, wild fires, and earthquakes, I'll take a little wind every three years or so. 

And if you don't live on the coast, you might have a tree branch on your windshield if you're really unlucky, or -- more likely -- be without power for a few days, but on the whole, with a few exceptions, hurricanes don't cause much damage this far inland. 

Everybody should live near me so we can party. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #797 on: October 23, 2007, 04:59:33 pm »

Yeah, but tell the truth: you have humidity the likes of which will make people wish they would get knocked unconscious by a tree branch so they don't have to suffer through it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #798 on: October 23, 2007, 07:22:26 pm »

yeah, but...

Charlotte is cool, though. Charlotte is becoming cooler by the second. I mean... it's not that cool right now. Probably less cool than St Louis. But... it's getting cooler. Whereas St Louis is becoming less cool, as they turn every single cool old building into lofts, tear down other cool old buildings, crime rates go up, &c.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #799 on: October 23, 2007, 10:38:43 pm »

Another minus: monsoon season
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #800 on: October 24, 2007, 01:43:29 pm »

Yeah, but tell the truth: you have humidity the likes of which will make people wish they would get knocked unconscious by a tree branch so they don't have to suffer through it.

Oh, it's no worse than D.C., and it's sure as hell better than Florida. 

Also, we have air conditioning.  Everywhere. 

When we first moved here, I was shocked to discover that they air condition the public school buildings.  The hardest part about summertime is walking from my air-conditioned house to my air-conditioned car. 

Also, hot leather seats. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #801 on: October 24, 2007, 02:02:37 pm »

Oh, it's no worse than D.C., and it's sure as hell better than Florida. 

Also, we have air conditioning.  Everywhere. 

When we first moved here, I was shocked to discover that they air condition the public school buildings.  The hardest part about summertime is walking from my air-conditioned house to my air-conditioned car. 

Also, hot leather seats. 

This was shocking? We had a/c in our schools up in PA, too. They had the kind where the thermostat was inside a plastic case to keep people from fiddling with it. So if you wanted the temp to change you would have to soak a paper towel in hot or cold water and drape it over the box. That would fool the thermostat into thinking the room was much hotter or colder than it actually was.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #802 on: October 24, 2007, 02:16:20 pm »

Oh, it's no worse than D.C.,

My point EXACTLY.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #803 on: October 24, 2007, 04:34:13 pm »

I suppose I'm lucky where I live... smoke in the far distance north and west, the faint smell of it on a stiff breeze and...

That's it, happily. But good Lord from the look of the news, man, some people. Awful stuff.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #804 on: October 24, 2007, 04:43:44 pm »

I am glad you are all safe. Fires are scary as all hell.


I really don't like when people apply sexual assault analogies to things to mean "doing well." "I raped that exam!" makes me uncomfortable.
So, today, I am going to consensually fuck the shit out of my human ev exam. I'm afraid I might start making embarassing moaning noises about how awesome I will be doing at this exam. Other people will be jealous, because they'll be all "hey baby, let me tell you about the Cercopithecines... *leer*" and the exam will be like "hell no, leave me alone, I only let Daniel talk to me like that! what kind of Exam do you think I am?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #805 on: October 24, 2007, 04:46:06 pm »

I am glad you are all safe. Fires are scary as all hell.


I really don't like when people apply sexual assault analogies to things to mean "doing well." "I raped that exam!" makes me uncomfortable.
So, today, I am going to consensually fuck the shit out of my human ev exam. I'm afraid I might start making embarassing moaning noises about how awesome I will be doing at this exam. Other people will be jealous, because they'll be all "hey baby, let me tell you about the Cercopithecines... *leer*" and the exam will be like "hell no, leave me alone, I only let Daniel talk to me like that! what kind of Exam do you think I am?"

Can a person who sexually assaults their exam still sign the honor pledge?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #806 on: October 24, 2007, 07:07:08 pm »

Oh, it's no worse than D.C., and it's sure as hell better than Florida. 

Also, we have air conditioning.  Everywhere. 

When we first moved here, I was shocked to discover that they air condition the public school buildings.  The hardest part about summertime is walking from my air-conditioned house to my air-conditioned car. 

Also, hot leather seats. 

We... we have airconditioning everywhere here too.  But it gets just as hot here as it does there... just not for as long.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #807 on: October 24, 2007, 10:57:23 pm »

It is possible to rape an exam. If the exam did not want you to fuck it, then you raped it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #808 on: October 24, 2007, 11:19:10 pm »

yeah, ok, but I don't rape. I make sweet love to. Or, you know, if the exam is into it, I will fuck it hard.

Today the exam was like "you can fuck me pretty hard, but, I'm not into that thing you suggested" and I was all "ok, yeah, I can handle that. Maybe I don't get exactly what I want in this situation."

He asked some pretty bullshit questions. But I was still able to make educated guesses? I could narrow it down to two options, so, you know.

edit: goddamnit, Callitrichidae do not live in SE Asia. Dumb dumb dumb.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 11:40:54 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #809 on: October 25, 2007, 12:12:45 am »

edit: goddamnit, Callitrichidae do not live in SE Asia. Dumb dumb dumb.

Hooray, inev!  For new knowledge.  My phrase of the day: obligate exudativore.

Also: Tarsiers have the most ridiculous skulls:

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 878   Go Up