Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349708 times)

0 Members and 155 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1035 on: November 13, 2007, 02:28:42 pm »

Wait... what I was top on that list?  Yikes. 

No, you were #10. Q is still on top with an almost 14-day lead on Judy, who is in 2nd.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1036 on: November 13, 2007, 06:29:44 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1037 on: November 13, 2007, 06:42:13 pm »

I've been listening to my iPod for over 3 and half hours now without needing to plug it in. Truly this is a glorious new day for music at work.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1038 on: November 13, 2007, 11:53:28 pm »

today, I got a form to (tentatively) declare my major. So that hopefully I can meet with my major advisor (or at least someone in the department) about my classes for next semester.
This became more urgent once I met with my 4-year advisor and she basically told me to take the least-fun combination of classes you could make out of my options. Also, she wants me to take fiction writing and Psychological Statistics.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:18:50 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1039 on: November 14, 2007, 06:12:05 am »

I saw Beowulf.  It is awesome, go see it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1040 on: November 14, 2007, 08:03:39 am »

Yeah, I have committed to seeing this. Once I saw the preview where he shouts something to the effect of, "I am lust, I am power, I. Am. Beowulf!" I was pretty much hooked. I think I am a sucker for movies where the protagonist is all, "Fuck you, I am a Badass."

Also where somebody sacrifices their self for someone else. Makes me misty eyed every time.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1041 on: November 14, 2007, 08:06:55 am »

Yeah, I have committed to seeing this. Once I saw the preview where he shouts something to the effect of, "I am lust, I am power, I. Am. Beowulf!" I was pretty much hooked. I think I am a sucker for movies where the protagonist is all, "Fuck you, I am a Badass."

Also where somebody sacrifices their self for someone else. Makes me misty eyed every time.
Like this?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1042 on: November 14, 2007, 08:14:12 am »

Exactly like that. You namby-pambies say what you like, but that movie rocked nine ways to Sunday.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1043 on: November 14, 2007, 02:24:08 pm »

I had to read Beowulf in 4th, 7th, and 11th grades and actually read it each time, but I remember very little. Grendel's mom was supposed to be hot?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1044 on: November 14, 2007, 05:22:31 pm »

...we got Super Mario Galaxy. So far: AWESOME.

...try to man up and ask my psych professor if he will be my Major Advisor. Or at the very least, ask him if he will look at my plans for next semester and give me some thoughts. He is a rad guy. I am for some reason imagining myself saying "um, Professor Craver, will you be my boyfriend? oh! shit! I mean... I was... advisor! Will you be my advisor!?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1045 on: November 14, 2007, 06:26:42 pm »

It's called a Freudian Slip, pseudo-science boy.

Also, today I watched the Cal band play a bunch of different old school video games and get in formations for them on youtube and went to the Government Documents section of the library to find some shit out.  I also went to a train station for an essay due the day after the gov docs shit, but it turns out it is just a performing arts center.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1046 on: November 14, 2007, 06:57:15 pm »

...we got Super Mario Galaxy. So far: AWESOME.

Me, too! 

Don't expect to see me around much for a while...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1047 on: November 14, 2007, 11:30:27 pm »

Don't expect to see much of me either, because...

...we're going to India for two weeks.  Not "Indiana," which I originally heard and is only a hundred miles or so to my west.  No, we're talking snake charmers, tech support call centers, and elephants as far as the eye can see.  I'll take some pictures.

Don't let anyone break my stuff while I'm away.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1048 on: November 15, 2007, 12:59:28 am »

um, I know what a freudian slip is. I don't actually want my professor to be my boyfriend, I just feel like asking him to be my advisor is going to be an awkward situation which I will have to plan in advance, as if asking him on a date.
pseudo-science? no way, man.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1049 on: November 15, 2007, 02:49:27 am »

It's called a Freudian Slip, pseudo-science boy.
pseudo-science? no way, man.
Its the classic techie/fuzzy battle, TOUAMB edition!  These are the fights that always end up with the biologists being torn in half as each side tries to claim us as their own.  Damnit people, the world is not always binary!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 878   Go Up