Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348240 times)

0 Members and 202 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1065 on: November 16, 2007, 05:40:43 pm »

oh. I mean... not exactly. it is not entirely in that time, at the same time as it is?

and no, unfortunately, there is no way she can wriggle out of going to this art thing without making her roommate really pissed off and disappointed. this girl has been planning this thing for like a month, and it is important that her roommates show up and support her. also... the girl I am going on the date with volunteered for kind of an important part of it.
also, it would be so much easier to use names, but I am avoiding that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1066 on: November 16, 2007, 06:00:15 pm »

You could always use fake names, such as Grebenna or possibly Jarleene.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1067 on: November 16, 2007, 06:10:30 pm »

Or you could give them male names, in hopes that the imagery would draw Nabu back into our little world.

That would always be good.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1068 on: November 16, 2007, 06:13:12 pm »

Male names such as Minakle and Stewevel?

(Guess who has not slept since yesterday.)
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1069 on: November 16, 2007, 07:47:12 pm »

When Pedro was a little kid, he used to taunt another boy in the neighborhood by saying, "Your mama's name is Gretchen...Gretchenanna Jones!" 

That might be the best little-kid insult in the world.  "Grebenna" reminded me of it, for some reason. 

Gretchenanna. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1070 on: November 16, 2007, 08:03:38 pm »

I've often thought that Gretchen is an awesome parallel world name.  As in - I'd never name my kid that here, but its an awesome name.  You don't mess around with Gretchen.  She'll kick your butt and write a short story detailing your defeat.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1071 on: November 16, 2007, 08:30:13 pm »

Seven books seems like a lot for a 20 page paper.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1072 on: November 16, 2007, 08:53:42 pm »

is it? i have never written anything over 10 pages, unless I'm forgetting something.

the main issue is that my class is on Memory, so I think I need to find something memory-ish... and each book potentially has little bit at most about memory.

so, I just talked to the lady, and she said "um, I feel like a tool, I forgot that I had to go to this art thing. Maybe we can get dinner tomorrow instead?" I said that maybe I was going to go to the art thing tonight anyway. Hmm. Tim and Eric. I don't know about this choice at all.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 09:12:41 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1073 on: November 16, 2007, 09:10:43 pm »

Perhaps a memoir?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1074 on: November 16, 2007, 09:28:10 pm »

Is there something really insulting about the name "Gretchenanna Jones" that I'm not twigging to?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1075 on: November 16, 2007, 09:47:59 pm »

Is there something really insulting about the name "Gretchenanna Jones" that I'm not twigging to?

No, that's the thing.  It's totally not an insult, but it still made the other kid cry. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1076 on: November 16, 2007, 09:58:28 pm »

No, that's the thing.  It's totally not an insult, but it still made the other kid cry. 

Oh, man, childhood insults from before you learned how to swear. There was a kid on our bus named P.J. We called him "Humperdinkle PJ" and his friends "The Humperdinkle Gang." Another girl, Suzie, came from Circumstances that we were always sensitive to by holding our breath every time we drove past her house. Even now, when my sister and I go back to the old neighborhood every year or so to see what's changed, we still hold our breath past that damn house.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1077 on: November 16, 2007, 11:33:53 pm »

Is it Cape Buffalo season already?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1078 on: November 17, 2007, 12:34:59 am »

I already run a 460g lead bullet from Cast Performance at 1550 fps for Buffalo/Bear/Moose/Chupacubra.

Today I'm working up a 300g jacketed Hornady HP with a 1925 fps goal for +2.5 at 100, +0.5 at 150 and -6 at 200 for everything from bunnies to black bear.

Handloading has all the fun of science with component selection and mix, assembly and caliper/micrometer measuring, neat toys like a chronograph and EXPLOSIONS and DESTRUCTION to calm the mad scientist within. Me likee lots.

This shows how suburban my life has been - I thought you were talking about cameras. "Why does he need that quick a frame-per-second rate for a fuck*ng bunny?"
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1079 on: November 17, 2007, 08:29:44 am »

This shows how suburban my life has been - I thought you were talking about cameras. "Why does he need that quick a frame-per-second rate for a fuck*ng bunny?"

Because bunnies are fuckin' fast, that's why.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 878   Go Up