Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349202 times)

0 Members and 196 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1140 on: December 04, 2007, 09:18:36 pm »

Today I'm gonna find someone to pay to put back the two big fuck*ng chunks of siding that blew off our fuck*ng house, on account of it being so goddamned windy.

Fuckin' WEATHER.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1141 on: December 04, 2007, 09:48:51 pm »

I just saw a portable basketball goal (like the one in driveways with the sand stand area, not really portable but whatever) blowing down the street last night at a friends.  Pretty sweet, went at least a block.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1142 on: December 05, 2007, 12:04:19 am »

today I am going to try to organize my next week or so in order to write 26 pages worth of papers (I know this is not an actually large amount in the real world, but, it is a lot for me), and prepare for 2 exams. I also need to do my laundry, do my radio show tonight, go to radio meetings for a few hours tomorrow, do all the research for the psych paper, clean up my room some. Also I want to ask a girl out this weekend but that is irresponsible, as well as fighting a losing battle at this point.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 12:08:05 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1143 on: December 05, 2007, 01:19:00 am »

I also have to write 26 pages worth (by Monday). But mine will be about history and political philosophy.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1144 on: December 05, 2007, 01:29:37 am »

ooh, 5 or 6 pages of mine is Political Theory (Rousseau.) Then 6 pages of film, and 15 pages of psych.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1145 on: December 05, 2007, 02:21:21 am »

...try to contain my excitement. My airline has announced that it will start service to Daytona Beach, FL in February, just in time for the Daytona 500. As it is a new station, my department will be asked to help. I've been tentatively scheduled for three weeks there.

Three weeks, in February, in Daytona, during Speedweeks, on the company dime.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1146 on: December 05, 2007, 03:41:49 am »

Sweet, cars drivin' in circles.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1147 on: December 05, 2007, 05:14:04 am »

I also have to write 26 pages worth (by Monday). But mine will be about history and political philosophy.
I'm on final revisions of a paper of about that length - only 8 pages of text though, the rest was appendixes of data and analysis notes.  Hybridization kinetics of DNA sequences.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1148 on: December 05, 2007, 07:42:29 am »

Tonight I'm gonna attempt to stop playing Mass Effect long enough to get some sleep.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1149 on: December 05, 2007, 07:44:13 am »

...try to contain my excitement. My airline has announced that it will start service to Daytona Beach, FL in February, just in time for the Daytona 500. As it is a new station, my department will be asked to help. I've been tentatively scheduled for three weeks there.

Three weeks, in February, in Daytona, during Speedweeks, on the company dime.


Haus, you are sittin' at 999 posts right now. The chances of you reading this before posting again are slim, but if you do, MAKE IT EXTRAVAGANT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1150 on: December 05, 2007, 07:50:14 am »

Quote
Tonight I'm gonna attempt to stop playing Mass Effect long enough to get some sleep.

I kept putting off side-quests, and so I beat it in something like 20 hours. After a certain point it wouldn't let me deviate from the main storyline... which was realistic I guess, but annoying. I don't get the thing where they kept saying there weren't obvious "good" and "bad" answers. There were in essentially every situation. There were some tough calls too, though. I don't know, I was expecting it to be the Greatest Game of All Time, so I ended up disappointed even though it was great. Menu issues bugged me a lot. Messing around with upgrades and stuff was frustrating sometimes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1151 on: December 05, 2007, 03:10:43 pm »

Today I'm gonna meet with my professor about the first fifty pages of my master's thesis and schedule my defense. 

Or I'm going to sit in his office and cry, then promptly drop out of school. 

Depending. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1152 on: December 05, 2007, 04:59:51 pm »

HOOOOOOOOOOOO-DAMN-YEEEEEAGGGHHH!
Let's get drunk and fit sterotypes!
That didn't get the right response the first time.

Most definite of the sweet.

Fix'd

Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1153 on: December 05, 2007, 07:15:37 pm »

Fitting the stereotype of a Northeastern wanna-be-intellectual living in Southern California, I honestly have no idea what Speedweeks is.

I am pretty sure that there is a big car race of some kind in Dayota at some point in the year and... I can put two and two together and assume that "Speedweeks" probably has something to do with it but... I am not feigning ignorance when I say that I have no idea beyond that inference.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1154 on: December 05, 2007, 09:50:55 pm »

Man, I hate to interrupt the discussion of making cars go around, but I just got out of my meeting with my thesis adviser and I've got all this nervous energy. 

Basically it looks like with some massive restructuring and the addition of about ten to fifteen pages worth of writing, my thesis will be done by New Year's.  Then I can defend it the second week in January, assuming I don't spontaneously go into labor before then.  If I do, well, at least the writing will be done and I'll just have to clear my head long enough to defend it sometime before mid-March. 

The Prof reassured me that defenses are not that big a deal at NC State and that my material is very solid so I should have no problem talking about it with a group of professors who already know and like me.  Either way, the really stressful part is the writing, and that will probably be competed over the next four weeks.  So for better or for worse, this thing is getting done. 

*sigh* 

Now...to go do it. 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 878   Go Up