Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349747 times)

0 Members and 149 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1185 on: December 11, 2007, 12:35:13 am »

Can the blipvert be long in the future?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1186 on: December 11, 2007, 01:55:19 am »

Can the blipvert be long in the future?

About twenty minutes or so.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1187 on: December 11, 2007, 04:43:33 am »

Be in a horrible ice storm, but also have 20 pages left of a capstone paper (do thur, chance of no power until 5 days, probably 2) even though there have been two small fires by my house, hundreds or thousands of trees down and 25,000 households without electricity (the same amount of people who go to college here.)


Also, Dinosaur Jr. was worth it totally. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:51:37 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1188 on: December 11, 2007, 04:49:15 am »

Be in a horrible ice storm, but also have 20 pages left of a capstone paper (do thur, chance of no power until 5 days, probably 2)
Do they still make typewriters?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1189 on: December 11, 2007, 06:17:59 am »

Today I'm gonna feel relief like I haven't in a long time at finishing the semester.  I turned in my last final today and now I don't have to do anymore thinking for about 4 weeks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1190 on: December 11, 2007, 06:18:40 pm »

I might have could put this in the Not Dying thread - but today I returned to a weight lifting program.  I've spent the last 5 weeks going twice a week and doing a light conditioning routine (and paying dues in the 2-day delayed onset muscle soreness department).  Today marked the first workout where I went to failure on whole set, and stopped midway through the final exercise because I would puke if I had continued.  Now I'm back at work and am happily letting the machines do my job.  Thank god we're not an agrarian society anymore.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1191 on: December 11, 2007, 06:35:46 pm »

Today I'm gonna find out why I have a gold star under my name.

Today I'm also gonna feel embarrassed when I find out it's for a reason I really should have already known.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1192 on: December 11, 2007, 08:38:26 pm »

Today I'm gonna find out why I have a gold star under my name.

Today I'm also gonna feel embarrassed when I find out it's for a reason I really should have already known.

I thought the star was a one post only thing.  I don't know why you STILL have a star, but you acquired the star when you achieved 666 post.  You also had the one post only ranking of "Here's your 1982 Subaru Brat."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1193 on: December 11, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »

It's fine by me. I like my gold star. I was just curious, is all.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1194 on: December 11, 2007, 10:03:42 pm »

I don't really know why the gold star showed up.  It was the default setting, so I just left it. 

So basically: Administrative Laziness. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1195 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:43 pm »

Please continue to be lazy! The gold star is awesome.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1196 on: December 12, 2007, 12:00:44 am »

Laze around. I got a B on my Anthro exam due to the curve-- I actually got a 70%. I need to clean my room, and do some research for my psych paper, which I am not entirely sure how to do. Basically I am going through the articles we read in class on the subject, and trying to find the articles that they cite on databases.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1197 on: December 12, 2007, 12:46:34 am »

Bobby has/d a star as well.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1198 on: December 12, 2007, 02:47:20 am »

Wake up with no power again.  Cry under covers while being very cold (I don't have a back door right now).  Get power like an hour ago.  Now, read internet then start writing the paper I was bitching about. Edit:  Oh yeah, between these steps=Long hell of hot shower.

Also, find out I got an a in the two classes I am done with, which is good because the other two are going to be b or c's (if I am lucky in capstone.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 02:50:24 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1199 on: December 12, 2007, 02:55:01 am »

Wake up with no power again.  Cry under covers while being very cold (I don't have a back door right now).  Get power like an hour ago.  Now, read internet then start writing the paper I was bitching about. Edit:  Oh yeah, between these steps=Long hell of hot shower.

Also, find out I got an a in the two classes I am done with, which is good because the other two are going to be b or c's (if I am lucky in capstone.)

Hopefully your hot water heater is powered by natural gas and not electricity?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 878   Go Up