Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349202 times)

0 Members and 196 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1200 on: December 12, 2007, 02:56:01 am »

Bobby has/d a star as well.

Yeah but wasn't that due to double secret probation? I'm sure Melack hasn't earned that.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1201 on: December 12, 2007, 05:51:29 am »

I was looking at an old schedule, and found out that there used to be a show on my radio station that had the tagline "Everybody Dance like there's Ass in your #####!"
I may know the guy who did it. Otherwise, there was an additional Achewood fan here in 2005!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1202 on: December 12, 2007, 05:57:18 am »

I was looking at an old schedule, and found out that there used to be a show on my radio station that had the tagline "Everybody Dance like there's Ass in your ******!"
I may know the guy who did it. Otherwise, there was an additional Achewood fan here in 2005!
Isnt it unusual how excited one gets to see another achewood fan? I dont think theres the same kind of solidarity among garfield fans, or like the peanuts.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1203 on: December 12, 2007, 06:06:40 am »

I was looking at an old schedule, and found out that there used to be a show on my radio station that had the tagline "Everybody Dance like there's Ass in your ******!"
I may know the guy who did it. Otherwise, there was an additional Achewood fan here in 2005!

Wow!  Two whole years ago???
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1204 on: December 12, 2007, 07:57:21 am »

yeah.

I mean, I was in High School then. In KWUR years, that is ages and ages, you know?

So, I just made myself eggs. The "sell-by" date was Halloween? They didn't smell or look gross, but they weren't great.
Isn't eggs going bad like, A Thing?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 08:31:04 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1205 on: December 12, 2007, 08:54:15 am »

I have always wondered this, and, being in college, have also eaten hell of old eggs.  I uh... didn't notice anything. 


Stay the fuck away from milk though, seriously. 


Also, maybe it is raw eggs that is a thing?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1206 on: December 12, 2007, 09:13:31 am »

Well yeah but in order to cook the eggs one must come in contact with the raw egg.
Somehow I don't think anyone has actually tried to cook and eat an egg that is obviously rotten so it's maybe noone even knows. Maybe rotten eggs are fuck*ng delicious.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1207 on: December 12, 2007, 09:16:13 am »

Maybe rotten eggs are fuck*ng delicious.
I hear anti-freeze tastes awesome.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1208 on: December 12, 2007, 11:34:11 am »

Maybe rotten eggs are fuck*ng delicious.

They are*.



*Disclaimer- eggs are not actually rotten, just preserved. I am a liar!


Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1209 on: December 13, 2007, 02:27:19 am »

yeah.

I mean, I was in High School then. In KWUR years, that is ages and ages, you know?

So, I just made myself eggs. The "sell-by" date was Halloween? They didn't smell or look gross, but they weren't great.
Isn't eggs going bad like, A Thing?

As long as they do not smell bad (and your nose works okay), and they look okay when you crack them open and inspect them in a white bowl to check for discoloration, then they are fine to eat. Just cook them thoroughly.

Once I opened an egg, and although it had no smell, its whites were green-tinged. I threw it away immediately.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1210 on: December 13, 2007, 09:59:15 am »

I might study abroad next year, depending on whether I get accepted to the program, decide I definitely want to do it, and take the prerequisite classes. I had always meant to study abroad, but I am debating it... there are so many classes I want to take here, and so many classes I need to take for my major.
I checked, and the places I can go and get credit for my major are... University of Sussex or University of Exeter in England, University of Queensland in Australia, University of Haifa in Israel, University of Edinbourgh in Scotland.

I would rather go someplace non-english-speaking, but... I don't speak any other languages.

Alternatively, maybe I'll go live with my grandparents in Santiago one summer? I think I would pick up Spanish really fast, and I would probably find a way to get into trouble!
Also, i would have nothing to do all summer. hm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1211 on: December 13, 2007, 11:14:10 am »

Inev: I work at UQ and promise not to stalk you down and kill you right away if you come here.

A-CAP: It is a total tease to say that and not elaborate but hope it works out for you.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1212 on: December 13, 2007, 11:49:34 am »

Go to Australia.  Sunny Christmas day.  Surf like they do in the U.S.A.  No drug addiction!



Also, have ten pages of a paper to write by 10, but I have to have it there by ten, so, lets say, 9:30.  I am sitting at -3:45 between me graduating or not.  I think (HOPE) that just completing this will be enough for a C, which I have to get to graduate.

Edit:  Alright, about 5 more with 1:30 left, plus fixing some footnotes.  I have amazed myself again (the last 3 or so will just be me talking about tito, why I choose this topic and my final analysis-20 min tops.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 02:06:11 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1213 on: December 13, 2007, 02:06:35 pm »

Leave college for the next 9 months. Long story. Not gonna talk about it. Basically I foresee a lot of beer and golf supported by me getting my series 7 license that I have been studying for since I was 12.  This is one of those days in my life that will either be good or bad. Id like my display name to be changed to "Hiatus"  if possible.


So you are doing this now?  Oh, to move colleges?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1214 on: December 13, 2007, 02:14:53 pm »

Leave college for the next 9 months. Long story. Not gonna talk about it. Basically I foresee a lot of beer and golf supported by me getting my series 7 license that I have been studying for since I was 12.  This is one of those days in my life that will either be good or bad. Id like my display name to be changed to "Hiatus"  if possible.

Taking time off from college can be a good thing. When I was undergraduate advisor I used to suggest it to people all the time. Seriously.

I dropped out in the middle of college without any idea of what I was going to do next. I knew I was at the wrong school but I didn't know what to do about it.  I worked a few different jobs and eventually figured out a different school to go back and finish up. You are at least starting with more of a plan than I had.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 878   Go Up