Okay, so, today I call them to find out how much my ticket is. It will either be 144 or 244, I am pretty sure, and I can just mail them some money. Or, if I do decide to go to court and if this is anything like the possession of marijuana thing, you just talk to the prosecutor before court and then you get to have a 6 month deferred sentence and in this case a reduced fine. I may do that, but really, I may want to be in San Fransisco in two months, and it will just be like a 20-40 dollar reduction and a shit load of work.
Now, on the other hand, I do not think it should cost you 144 (I think) to have 30 people over at your house. I think that is a bad thing, especially as this is the only personnel party I had in my 4 1/2 years in school, 6 months were I am living now. I just fuck*ng graduated, can you not have one night of people over? Seriously, there have not been more than five people in my house at one time since I lived there, until Sat. The police did lie to me, as far as the 50 ft, but they were standing about 20 ft away thing. They said they could hear car doors shutting from 50 ft away, but c'mon, that is ridiculous. Basically it has nothing to do with money, but if I am just going to go through some shit and lose, that is lame. If I have a chance at all, I would like to fight it on principle. Basically I am still really mad, but this time I am not super drunk. It is just my roommates and my word against two police. Both of us have had separate Big issues with local police and drugs (beyond simple possession), and I guess that might be a thing. Can I get a jury trial on this?