Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349121 times)

0 Members and 201 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1320 on: December 21, 2007, 02:54:33 pm »

Ouch, good luck Smells, remember so long as you breath in again after breathing out you're doing better than the majority of people.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1321 on: December 21, 2007, 03:20:37 pm »

Congrats on your graduation Hernandez.

Good luck at the doctor Smells.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1322 on: December 21, 2007, 03:59:21 pm »

Good luck, Smells.

Boston Pizza? Why would you call a place Boston Pizza?  The pizza in Boston is terrible.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1323 on: December 21, 2007, 05:24:27 pm »

Boston Pizza? Brilliant. Brilliant.

Best of luck, Smells.

Congrats on your trashy orgasm, keith.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1324 on: December 21, 2007, 05:35:45 pm »

Good luck, Smells.

Boston Pizza? Why would you call a place Boston Pizza?  The pizza in Boston is terrible.
Seconded, dear Side_Show

Do they put clams or something on the pizza in Beantown?  Or is this the Big Apple talking?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1325 on: December 21, 2007, 06:01:35 pm »

Well, who else's standard for pizza should you use, other than an Italian New Yorker?

In the Boston area, all the pizza shops seemed to be owned by Greeks. I love Greek food but felt they should lay the hell off my pizza. It just wasn't right. This was ten years ago now, of course, but it seemed like such an entrenched tradition that I would be surprised if it had changed.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1326 on: December 21, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »

there is some really good pizza in St Louis. so good. I can't get over how many good pizza places there are there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1327 on: December 21, 2007, 06:38:50 pm »

Today I slept for 13 hours and it felt damn good.

It is sunny and nice outside and I'm going to wash my car. Probably gonna have to be with a bucket since the hose is attached to the house at a Bad Exposure and is probably frozen.

Tomorrow I am going to have prime rib at my dad's house. I hope to God that he and my stepmother will give me some cash for Christmas. Even if it's just $25, then at least I can buy $25 worth of fuck*ng groceries. Buying some pizza or Quizno's sounds like a delicious, forbidden miracle to me at this point.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1328 on: December 21, 2007, 07:42:30 pm »

Oh god, Quizno's.  Such a good vegetarian sub.


Today I haven't done anything at all.  I have been waking up early recently and just chain smoking in the morning.  That is not good.


I have never heard of Boston Pizza.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1329 on: December 21, 2007, 08:11:08 pm »

Yeah, I have heard of NY Pizza and Chicago Pizza... but I have never really thought of Boston as being Pizza Territory.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1330 on: December 21, 2007, 08:36:51 pm »

Inev, maybe your friends were trying to save the world through positive energy?  (sfw? I don't have a job(hahahaha))

http://www.globalorgasm.org/
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1331 on: December 21, 2007, 08:46:18 pm »

I got up way too late and didn't strike while the iron was hot. Now it is snowing outside and I cannot wash my dang car. Dammit!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1332 on: December 21, 2007, 09:28:57 pm »

there is also a style called St Louis pizza. Apparently I am the only person not from St louis who likes it.

I like it because... I don't keep it in the mental category of Pizza. it is not good "pizza," but it is pretty good... crackers with weird tomato sauce and weird cheese.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1333 on: December 21, 2007, 09:33:06 pm »

That sounds delicious.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1334 on: December 21, 2007, 10:01:49 pm »

There is a Utica-area style of pizza that is not called "pizza" but is rather called "tomato pie" which...

Its a thin day-old spongey-pizza-bread, lightly fried to rejuvenate it, the top is covered in a thin layer of a non-chunky heavily-herbed red sauce and a heavy heavy dusting of parm-cheese and... that's it.

You eat it cold or luke-warm and it tastes even better the next day if it is allowed to age in a cold moist place overnight.

It started as a way to get new life out of old bread and became something Ridiculously fuck*ng Awesome.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 878   Go Up