Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349200 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1335 on: December 21, 2007, 10:14:05 pm »

Provide me a manner in which to acquire or create this "Sweet Tea" in an authentic manner that I might consume it and I'll see what I think.

I just... I still kind of don't get the concept.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1336 on: December 21, 2007, 10:38:38 pm »

to clarify, st louis pizza is like... a really thin crust, slightly sweet sauce, and then provolone-like cheese that is not provolone.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1337 on: December 21, 2007, 10:56:03 pm »

Basic Variation of Sweet Tea

Orange Pekoe tea.
Boil Water, Brew Tea.
About 5 minutes into brewing add ~1 cup sugar per 1/2 gallon of tea.
Mix & finish brewing. I add ~two shots of lemon juice per quart as well.
Chill. Drink over ice and enjoy.

Adjust mix to taste with experience.

Holy shit, dude. That sounds like a recipe for sweet goddang hummingbird nectar. Does it come with an insulin chaser?

I am kidding. If I've learned anything as a Western girl with Yankee leanings and some Southern relatives, it's that Southerners love their Sweet Tea. It is an institution. You do not mess with the Sweet Tea.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1338 on: December 22, 2007, 04:53:27 am »

there is also a style called St Louis pizza. Apparently I am the only person not from St louis who likes it.

No you aren't.  I'm looking forward to having an Imo's next week when I'm in town.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1339 on: December 22, 2007, 05:09:25 am »

Huh.  I had assumed Boston Pizza was an American chain, but apparently I thought wrong.  It's a pretty terrible chain restaurant.  We had a really disgusting pizza (Spicy Perogie Pizza only sounds good in theory.  Potatoes, bacon and sour cream on the pizza is not good)  Even better our server was an actor who had auditioned for me (terribly) and gained some fame from throwing a hissy fit when the judges on Canadian idol (rightfully) told him he couldn't sing.

Also, I took a 45 minute bus ride to the doctors to find out that my test results weren't in and wouldn't be in until the New Year due to lab closures over the holidays.  Why was I called in?  To be told to continue taking my B 12 vitamins.  Sigh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1340 on: December 22, 2007, 07:12:33 am »

According to Wikipedia:

"In the mid 1990s, John Ratzenberger was hired as spokesperson and filmed a number of commercials for Boston Pizza. He was replaced by Howie Mandel, who was subsequently replaced by the character Louie, a Sasquatch."

Man. I am slightly happier to be on this Earth knowing that a paragraph like that can be a statement of fact and not just a humourous attempt at "random" humour.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1341 on: December 22, 2007, 07:41:40 am »

yay for the fact that you will be in St Louis and will eat Imo's!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1342 on: December 22, 2007, 03:26:58 pm »

We still haven't found a good pizza place in Charlotte. Apparently the "good" place to go here is Brixx, which is a local chain that does gourmet pizza. And by gourmet, I mean shitty. All crusts so hell of wispy a spider covets. All just enough cheese to technically call it a pizza. I was raised on Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, so if it ain't some kind of deep dish monster with much cheese, it's already got one strike and a 101 mph fastball halfway towards it.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1343 on: December 22, 2007, 03:35:02 pm »

Spicy Perogie Pizza only sounds good in theory. 

Um, no. Not even in theory. But what do you expect from a county that puts gravy and cheese curds on french fries, bless their hearts.

But seriously, fuck your doctor. Telling you they'll only ask you to come in if it's bad news and then telling you to take your vitamins? They should get only coal in their Christmas stockings this year.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1344 on: December 22, 2007, 05:09:38 pm »

But seriously, fuck your doctor. Telling you they'll only ask you to come in if it's bad news and then telling you to take your vitamins? They should get only coal in their Christmas stockings this year.

QFFT! What a bunch of assholes. They'd better shape up! Seriously uncool.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1345 on: December 22, 2007, 06:20:50 pm »

Golfhaus-- the Good pizza place in Charlotte used to be Mellow Mushroom. They had such good pizza. Now they are hell of wrapped up in legal bullshit and are not allowed to sell pizza.

The other place people like is Fuel pizza, but it's... it's just pretty basic Good Pizza, it isn't anything special. it is acceptable. There is one real close to you, I think, based on knowing you go to Quaker Steak and Lube. Having more than 2 locations is new, though, so maybe the pizza has suffered. The one I normally go to is up in... I think Plaza Midwood... and it's the original one. Hell of far from my house, but next to my favorite record store, and near where some friends live and hang out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1346 on: December 22, 2007, 06:46:31 pm »

Golfhaus-- the Good pizza place in Charlotte used to be Mellow Mushroom. They had such good pizza. Now they are hell of wrapped up in legal bullshit and are not allowed to sell pizza.

The other place people like is Fuel pizza, but it's... it's just pretty basic Good Pizza, it isn't anything special. it is acceptable. There is one real close to you, I think, based on knowing you go to Quaker Steak and Lube. Having more than 2 locations is new, though, so maybe the pizza has suffered. The one I normally go to is up in... I think Plaza Midwood... and it's the original one. Hell of far from my house, but next to my favorite record store, and near where some friends live and hang out.

We had a Mellow Mushroom pizza joint (hurr hurr hurrrr) in Boulder, I wonder if they're also embroiled in the same legal woes? I never went there personally, I always called Fatty J's. Ahh, double entendre drug names. How can you go wrong.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1347 on: December 22, 2007, 06:49:06 pm »

no-- the issue is that one guy owned all of the ones in Charlotte, and somehow broke his contract, and they sued him, so he had to agree to change the name and stop selling Pizza.

in other news, an event at my school is mentioned in the Pitchfork "Year in News" countdown. This naked kid got tazed on the ass at a Girl Talk show.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1348 on: December 22, 2007, 07:24:32 pm »

Today I'm gonna mentally prepare myself for tomorrow's 14 hour road trip from San Francisco to Seattle. It's a good thing I only have to drive a small part of the way; I get to play Jeanne d'Arc on PSP for most of the trip.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1349 on: December 22, 2007, 08:09:01 pm »

I've heard of Mellow Mushroom - at some point, the Homestar Runner guys did their website. It would make sense of course that they're not around now that I'm here.

Mrs. Haus has gone to Fuel before - she agreed with your sentiment, that it was okay if that's where you were going, but nothing to write home about. Incidentally, I don't live down in Southpark anymore - they tore down my apartment building to build $180,000 condos. We live in Steele Creek now.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 878   Go Up