Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349960 times)

0 Members and 151 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1695 on: January 16, 2008, 10:28:42 pm »

...try to get decent at musical saw.





Edit:  and my secret is I don't have a job.  That is why I was so excited about the good beer and various other goodies. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:53:36 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1696 on: January 17, 2008, 05:35:08 pm »

Leave work at 2. We're closing early because of like 2 inches of snow. But it does give me more time to pack for my trip to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1697 on: January 17, 2008, 07:43:31 pm »

Meanwhile, I had my whole day thrown off-kilter because we were supposed to get ice this morning, so all the schools (including my son's preschool) were delayed 2 hours, and I had a doctor's appointment during the time Little P was supposed to be in school. 

Gah. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1698 on: January 17, 2008, 08:32:41 pm »

Today I'm gonna be so sick that the screen looks all wonky and wobbly. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1699 on: January 17, 2008, 08:54:53 pm »

Today I'm gonna... apply to get my old temporary reptile keeping job back, while meanwhile accepting a temporary frog keeping job where they are so desperate that they want me even though I told them that I might leave for this other job in a few weeks if the zoo can actually get their act together to hire me. Bet you didn't know there was such a thing as a major last-minute frog keeper hiring emergency.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1700 on: January 17, 2008, 10:53:23 pm »

I don't think it gets any better than reading the shit you do, Keith, and imagining Keith Hernandez doing them all.

"Hey, I'm learning musical saw, everybody!"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1701 on: January 18, 2008, 02:14:36 am »

Today I'm gonna... apply to get my old temporary reptile keeping job back, while meanwhile accepting a temporary frog keeping job where they are so desperate that they want me even though I told them that I might leave for this other job in a few weeks if the zoo can actually get their act together to hire me. Bet you didn't know there was such a thing as a major last-minute frog keeper hiring emergency.



I'm a little worried about my job situation, so I sympathize. I hope things go well. We lost a really big contract, so they're looking at layoffs. My boss keeps swearing up and down that my job won't be affected, but I'm still worried.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1702 on: January 18, 2008, 02:57:27 am »

have class, re-file a bajillion CDs. Ran into a certain lady on the way back from class and started talking about a class I was debating taking... I ended up going and sitting in on it. It doesn't seem like it'd be really easy, and that's what it would take for me to take it in addition to the full schedule I already have. So, bye bye Music of the African Diaspora.

tonight, I am going to see Cloverfield at midnight. I will probably be really really tired tomorrow, but... Cloverfield! Sounds awesome. i am going to do my math homework now (the first math homework I've had since... senior year in high school) so I can go.

This weekend I have parties to go to all 3 nights. Will either be awesome, or horrible.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 03:50:32 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1703 on: January 18, 2008, 04:10:40 am »

Day 3 of some third world GI infection I got from eating the dumplings at Ruby Tuesdays. Also, discover quicksilverscreen.com -which is everything tv-links wished it was- and not get anything productive done for a couple weeks.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1704 on: January 18, 2008, 04:16:26 am »

Well... I mean...

You went to Ruby Tuesdays.

You're kind of lucky you didn't die on the spot.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1705 on: January 18, 2008, 04:25:43 am »

Well... I mean...

You went to Ruby Tuesdays.

You're kind of lucky you didn't die on the spot.

Yeah, that.  Did you stop by Applebees for dessert and drinks afterwards?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1706 on: January 18, 2008, 04:28:40 am »

Day 3 of some third world GI infection I got from eating the dumplings at Ruby Tuesdays. Also, discover quicksilverscreen.com -which is everything tv-links wished it was- and not get anything productive done for a couple weeks.

Jesus H. Christ on a pushbike, dude! You're lucky you didn't get dysentery from the food there. That place is never a good idea. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Have some dry toast, cooked white rice, bananas, and lots of water and Gatorade.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1707 on: January 18, 2008, 04:34:18 am »

Exactly, Keith.

Ruby Tuesday is where you go if it doesn't feel like a big enough occasion to go to Applebees.

Applebees is where you go if you really sort of hate yourself but can't afford Chilis.

"Ruby Tuesday's proudly serves Hunt's Tomato Catsup".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1708 on: January 18, 2008, 04:41:38 am »

Jaws O'mighty thats a can.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1709 on: January 18, 2008, 04:44:54 am »

Today I made a super healthy dinner. Crepes, three forms of oranges (canned, fresh, and marmaladed), and half a bag of choco-chips, topped with a scoop of ice cream. This counts as healthy.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 878   Go Up