Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348008 times)

0 Members and 189 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1755 on: January 19, 2008, 04:47:54 am »

I think I actually already talked about all this. I listen to Les, Moe, Easy Star All-Stars, Scissor Sisters, and Richard Cheese all do their covers. I'd appreciate any other covers anyone's heard of, too. I like the songs; I think they're brilliant. I just can't listen to Roger, Dave and the boys do 'em any more, you know?

I've got an album of all bluegrass covers that's brilliant.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1756 on: January 19, 2008, 04:51:25 am »

Little more info, Dub?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1757 on: January 19, 2008, 05:18:53 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1758 on: January 19, 2008, 07:30:20 am »

um.

Quote
um, when did you get contacts?
-Girl who had a face which I can only describe as "shock and awe"

Quote
um, where can I get a replacement room-card? I just broke mine in half for no reason.
-Me

overall, good. except for the part where I broke the key to my room in half. dumb.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 07:48:50 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1759 on: January 19, 2008, 02:13:41 pm »


Wait for a call about the background check for the job I've 95% got,

What's the job?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1760 on: January 19, 2008, 03:25:10 pm »

Nnn-kay

Thanks for the link, Dub. Interesting reviews in there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1761 on: January 19, 2008, 05:21:07 pm »

Today Milan got his claw stuck when he was playing with some (unplugged) cords, and started making the most horrible noises! Lenny puffed up like a dang cumulonimbus, and it was sad (but also kinda funny). :-( Poor little dudes.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to go on a mini roadtrip, I'm pretty excited. I have Monday off work.

Also, my car's "check tire air pressure" light keeps coming on when it's really cold. The guy at the service station said I should inflate my tires to 35psi because you lose a pound of pressure as the mercury drops ten degrees. I'm just hoping that I don't have a leak in one of my tires.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1762 on: January 19, 2008, 09:20:28 pm »

Today I'm gonna remember why we never go anywhere.  We tried to go to a museum exhibit, paid a ton of money for parking, and then found that there was this HUUUUUUGE-ass line, I guess because it was the last weekend of the exhibit. I guess I am encouraged to see that there is still such interest in culture in this country, but there was no way we were going to wait on that line. Especially since once we got in, it would probably be much too crowded for a short person to enjoy.

So then we went and had an expensive mediocre lunch in the museum and thought about what plan B should be, and decided to go to a different museum that is never crowded. We found out that there we could have had a better lunch for cheaper. Oh well.

Maybe we are just out of practice at real life... but seriously, the internet is never that disappointing, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1763 on: January 19, 2008, 10:08:58 pm »

Oh, just a courier job to make some bread until I figure the next thing out.

A day job, courier for the lab my brother works at. Nothing fancy.

Same pay as my last job but with actual benefits and stuff and better hours.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1764 on: January 20, 2008, 04:59:05 am »

... find out that, apparently, last night I did some things I don't remember. I am not so happy about this, but luckily it wasn't anything that was bad beyond being socially awkward.
I am pretty good about knowing that I can't drink more than a certain amount, but not as good about remembering that drinking it faster makes the effect stronger. I am a light guy, you know?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1765 on: January 20, 2008, 05:13:55 am »

... find out that, apparently, last night I did some things I don't remember. I am not so happy about this, but luckily it wasn't anything that was bad beyond being socially awkward.
I am pretty good about knowing that I can't drink more than a certain amount, but not as good about remembering that drinking it faster makes the effect stronger. I am a light guy, you know?

I have done that on occasion. It is not a good practice to get into. You can quickly get into untenable positions.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1766 on: January 20, 2008, 05:14:06 am »

I am definitely blessed in that, 99 times outta 100, if I drink too much, I get sleepy and fall asleep long before I could possibly do anything embarassing. The power of Sleepy Drunk probably saved me so many times in college that I could not begin to count it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1767 on: January 20, 2008, 05:21:02 am »

Hey lfm, vis-a-vis* the siggy: turns out Hunt's makes 'ketchup', and not 'catsup', it seems. Is it canonical to do it the 'c' way? I may have missed a discussion about that.

*I like vis-a-vis. Sue me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1768 on: January 20, 2008, 06:10:08 am »

In the world that spins between my ears, all good ketchups are called "ketchup" and all bad ketchups are called "catsup"... regardless of the manufacturer's labeling policy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1769 on: January 20, 2008, 08:01:41 am »

my good (male) friend has explicitly and implicitly told me that he wants to fuck me tonight. um.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 878   Go Up