Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349309 times)

0 Members and 183 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1860 on: January 24, 2008, 05:12:54 am »

Today I'll be watching the weather sock in, and hoping that it will blow itself out so the planes can fly tomorrow and I can get home so I can minister to my wife, who has strep throat.
boo to the shiteous wx. I hope you can fly home.

Time to bust out the dogsleds?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1861 on: January 24, 2008, 05:24:53 am »

have you been reading Cat and Girl a lot?
The thing was that halfway through writing that I realised I was just ripping off an old XKCD strip. But that kind made it better for me.


...say two things:

Good thing I worked quick and there were no witnesses.

I'm too old for that crap! Shit!
Why is no one else intrigued by this?
Story Ash?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1862 on: January 24, 2008, 05:28:46 am »

Today (RIGHT NOW!) I am going to watch Spinal Tap and organize records.

In less than a month I will be living in a one bedroom apartment in Boulder with two of my best friends.  Right now I live at my parents in a town that defines the suburbs with the only people I now being racist (that is basically the only thing that will keep me from liking you.  Well, not the only thing, but the only category.) assholes that I don't want to see and a business associate.  I sometimes hate this, other times I like it-so much reading, exercising, eating right and no more than 2-3 beers a day, usually none-this does not have an effect on my other habits, but I don't really like drinking too much.  Those are the good things.  Other times I am bored.

Right now I am bored.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1863 on: January 24, 2008, 05:36:03 am »

Tonight I am going to be all pissed off that I should have won the poker tournament, and didn't.  It's going to keep me awake.  Seriously.

Also, I'm going to eat a brownie.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1864 on: January 24, 2008, 06:38:00 am »

Inev, Pelican is cool. Not really much of a band you go see in order to rawk, but a little more cerebral, no lyrics, and some face rockin' metal groovin'. I would pay money to see them live, is what I'm saying.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1865 on: January 24, 2008, 06:45:15 am »

cool. I am going to be interacting with them, as is is "Wave" night, which is basically Rock Music night, and I am the person in charge of that. Or, rather, one of two, and the other guy took care of finding this band. I am thinking I should have gotten more involved, as next year I will have to do this alone.


ooh ooh, also, today I was telling my friend about the thing where my friend hit on me, and this other guy was there. And he started talking about a similar thing that happened to him.
But after:
"I mean... but you're gay, right? I mean. Um. Are you gay?"
"um. no."
"daniel is so straight... he like, loves girls more than anyone."
"What? no I don't!"
"daniel loves every girl."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:51:46 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1866 on: January 24, 2008, 07:07:48 am »

You can't turn your back on this thread for a minute or there will be two pages of post that people are gonna do.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1867 on: January 24, 2008, 07:31:14 am »

"daniel loves every girl."

I can't stop laughing at this. It may have to be my sig.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1868 on: January 24, 2008, 07:34:06 am »

beat you to it.

the thing is, she really thinks that that is how I am. maybe it is? probably.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1869 on: January 24, 2008, 07:54:45 am »

Well I should say, there's nothing inherently wrong there. I think most, if not every girl is lovable and lovely in their own ways.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1870 on: January 24, 2008, 02:56:05 pm »

...say two things:

Good thing I worked quick and there were no witnesses.

I'm too old for that crap! Shit!
Why is no one else intrigued by this?
Story Ash?

I was starting to like Doc, too. Oh well. Can someone at least recycle his avatar?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1871 on: January 24, 2008, 03:27:21 pm »

Today I'm gonna stay at the zoo using their computers for as long as possible, because my internet is broken. Tomorrow I'm going to stay home hoping the repairman comes before I have to go out, or else I have to choose between internet and acupuncture, and I don't know if she charges if I cancel at the last minute. Sigh.

In the meantime, pray that I can keep getting on my neighbor's wireless.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1872 on: January 24, 2008, 05:06:13 pm »

Today it looks like I might actually be flying. Oh man I miss my wife so goddamn much.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1873 on: January 24, 2008, 09:07:20 pm »

If it's any comfort, Inev, sometimes I think I have a crush on every boy.

Today I'm going to prepare to apply for a real for-pay job at the place where I'm volunteering! I'm not sure if I'm technically qualified for it (it's an advocate position, as opposed to my current General Clerical Staff thing), but my supervisor encouraged me to submit my resume, and I have the advantage of knowing the office and getting along with people there. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much, but the concept of actually getting a real-person-type job at a place I already know I like and that likes me is very attractive.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1874 on: January 24, 2008, 09:52:00 pm »

Thanks. My only worry, in the paranoid part of my brain, is that this will end up being a thing where they reject me out of hand, such that it makes things awkward -- "you are way too crap to ever consider for a paid position, but we'll still take your free labor," kind of a thing. I don't think this is terribly likely, though.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 878   Go Up