went to play d&d, which was... interesting. Ran across campus from there to a meeting for the radio station I forgot about until right before it started. Walked back, to find an email saying that if we wanted to make it to the symphony in time to get free tickets and have time for dinner, we should take the 4:11 train. It was 4:00. Got dressed as fast as I could, called, luckily they said they were running behind. Ate dinner at a delicious (and astoundingly cheap) thai place, then rode the bus down to the symphony. The symphony was fantastic, but the kids I was with all knew way more about that kind of music than I do. This pianist who played was apparently fantastic, and I only peripherally noticed that.
Then on the way back we got off 1 metro stop early in order to go to a huge party. Too many people I didn't know. Awesome music, though, as it was (unofficially) put on in honor of the start of programming at the radio station. Lots of cool soul and funk. Ran into the girl I am starting a band with, we pointed at each other and said "it's not a joke!" roughly simultaneously. Then this one particular lady came in and I turned into horrible nervous Dan, which... despite the way I talk in here, is not my prevailing personality. She saw me and I said Hi as I walked by, and she got all indignant and made me give her a hug and asked "how are you?" before turning back to talking to some other person. Noticing the behavior of those around her at the party confirmed my concept that she is like the Queen of the Hipsters (and kids who like things hipsters like, but are not assholes). She has studiously maintained this position by not making out with anyone, ever, is the impression I get. So, really, I won here. I danced around for a while, and then was offered a ride home and took it because I was wearing a lighter coat and it had gotten much colder out.
Then I saw this kid who is like 6'3 try to kiss my friend who is like 5'3 and I tried really hard not to laugh, because then they would have known that I turned around to see.
Or, maybe the reason he did that weird jerking head back thing was because he saw that I saw? Who knows.
Today, I am going to do some reading, and clean my room.