Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349727 times)

0 Members and 150 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1950 on: January 30, 2008, 02:16:10 am »

...vacuum broken glass out from my van where some punk-ass bitches stole my Sirius and ripped off the face plate of my radio.

A totally worthless burglary.  Sirius deactivated the receiver once I called them, and the faceplate only works with the body of the radio, which is still in my dash.  Insurance isn't going to cover the radios, since they're aftermarket (and I forgot to amend my policy) and the glass is probably less than the deductible.  Net result: a bunch of cash out of my pocket to fix it all, and the morons didn't even get any loot.  Penny-ante bullshit.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1951 on: January 30, 2008, 02:26:05 am »

Today on the news they recommended that people with portable GPS units wipe the suction cup ring from their windshield every time they get out of the car. Apparently a lot of people pull the unit off their dash then just stash it in the glove box or arm rest. So thieves find it worthwhile to break into any car that has the telltale ring.

I worry about the little white iPod cord that sticks out from under my ashtray. I always take my radio face and iPod with me, but I worry that some crook will see the cord and assume I'm lazy and just put the stuff in my glove box.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1952 on: January 30, 2008, 02:41:53 am »

...vacuum broken glass out from my van where some punk-ass bitches stole my Sirius and ripped off the face plate of my radio.

A totally worthless burglary.  Sirius deactivated the receiver once I called them, and the faceplate only works with the body of the radio, which is still in my dash.  Insurance isn't going to cover the radios, since they're aftermarket (and I forgot to amend my policy) and the glass is probably less than the deductible.  Net result: a bunch of cash out of my pocket to fix it all, and the morons didn't even get any loot.  Penny-ante bullshit.
That sucks man. People dont even lock their doors around here, but I feel like one day that might catch up with us at an inopportune moment.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1953 on: January 30, 2008, 04:30:15 am »

...vacuum broken glass out from my van where some punk-ass bitches stole my Sirius and ripped off the face plate of my radio.

A totally worthless burglary.  Sirius deactivated the receiver once I called them, and the faceplate only works with the body of the radio, which is still in my dash.  Insurance isn't going to cover the radios, since they're aftermarket (and I forgot to amend my policy) and the glass is probably less than the deductible.  Net result: a bunch of cash out of my pocket to fix it all, and the morons didn't even get any loot.  Penny-ante bullshit.

Man, fuck those filthy crims right in their damn ear. That sucks. Folks, update your insurance policy after making a large purchase!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1954 on: January 30, 2008, 06:53:11 pm »

Today I'm gonna... complain about how noone's posting anything to entertain me, while hypocritically not posting anything entertaining myself.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1955 on: January 30, 2008, 07:46:26 pm »

Oh, sure. That was yesterday. What have you done for me lately?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1956 on: January 30, 2008, 09:55:55 pm »

Today I'm gonna complain about my job to anyone who will listen.

Remember a while back, I posted that I had an offer, and I couldn't decide what to do?  I didn't take it.  And my corporate masters have managed to make me regret that decision a little more every day since.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1957 on: January 30, 2008, 11:05:53 pm »

turn in really dumb statistics homework (you need to learn how to use this stat-analyzing software. So, first do all the equations by hand, then type in all your data and have the computer re-do the calculations. also, make 10 pages of graphs which tell you almost nothing useful.)
Go to my other two classes, which were pretty boring today. talk to my friend, as always, about living together.

jammed with my future band-mate. There was only one amp, so we plugged both the keyboard and guitar in together... it was kind of interesting sounding. the guitar I was playing on only had 4 strings, and they were random ones, so it was kind of weird.

also, she made me feel about 1 million times better by playing a really fancy classical thing on the keyboard, and then looking at me and saying "um, I hope you don't know too much about chords and stuff... I don't really know what I'm doing half the time."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1958 on: January 30, 2008, 11:18:21 pm »

Today I got hired as the new Office Manager at my volunteer position. The pay is not stellar (it's a non-profit), but it's a job! A real paying-type job!

Woohoo!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1959 on: January 30, 2008, 11:45:17 pm »

yayyy V-adore! I knew you could do it!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1960 on: January 31, 2008, 12:04:22 am »

Huzzay for V!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1961 on: January 31, 2008, 12:18:46 am »

Today I avoided getting sued by an old apartment complex.

More details when i am less pissed.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1962 on: January 31, 2008, 12:30:03 am »

Today I got hired as the new Office Manager at my volunteer position. The pay is not stellar (it's a non-profit), but it's a job! A real paying-type job!

Woohoo!
Yayy V!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1963 on: January 31, 2008, 12:30:36 am »

Today I avoided getting sued by an old apartment complex.

More details when i am less pissed.

Youre pissed youre not getting sued? You must love you some law and order.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1964 on: January 31, 2008, 12:57:02 am »

Way to join society V.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 878   Go Up