Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348568 times)

0 Members and 214 Guests are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1995 on: February 02, 2008, 08:40:18 pm »

Awkward, inev. Awkward.

Anyway, today I'm gonna go eat barbecue and then head to a Mardi Gras parade. DEEP SOUTH, WHOOO
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1996 on: February 03, 2008, 12:23:29 am »

Hey, Nabu, do you ever hang out with the Nice Boys or the Riffs?  If so, I'll be in Portland within a month.  I can crash at yours right?
/joking


Tonight I am going to get drunk as shit on some cheap beer, go to some parties with my friends I haven't seen in a while and see two other friends who just moved back from San Francisco, one of which will be going with me to Boulder in a couple weeks.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:26:45 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1997 on: February 03, 2008, 01:45:30 am »

I think I am getting sick. Booo. Booo.

this kind of ruins my party plans. boo. boo.

people not being able to take a hint, and telling you things that you didn't want or need to hear about the sexual activity of girls you still desperately want to date, boo, boo.

This made me think of Inev reading bad poetry at a poetry slam, each line ending in 'Boo! Boo!' each time it getting more and more melodramatic.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1998 on: February 03, 2008, 03:05:32 am »

ohhhhhhh shitttttttt!

also: absinthe. isn't this shit supposed to fuck you up? hm.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:07:25 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1999 on: February 03, 2008, 06:48:18 am »

ohhhhhhh shitttttttt!

also: absinthe. isn't this shit supposed to fuck you up? hm.
I think every college kid pretends to know what the deal is with absinthe. I have tried absinthe both the american version and the "real" european version. Both taste like total shit. Any real research into thujone and absinthe shows that the hallucinogenic properties are blown way out of proportion, especially when compared to the horrible morning-after effects. But then again, Im just some college kid. I just read "books"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2000 on: February 03, 2008, 07:10:07 am »

yeah. the guy who gave it to me then explained that basically, it has the effect you expect it to have. hell of placebitude, yo.

also: no, it totally tasted awesome. it was real minty.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2001 on: February 03, 2008, 07:37:40 am »

yeah. the guy who gave it to me then explained that basically, it has the effect you expect it to have. hell of placebitude, yo.

also: no, it totally tasted awesome. it was real minty.

Do they still put real wormwood/artemisia in it? Ennnwhy, did you have the kind with wormwood? I thought that was illegal, even in the EU, since it causes brain damage and hallucinations. You know, even more so than ethanol.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2002 on: February 03, 2008, 07:45:32 am »

apparently it is legalized?

i was told "it's legal, welcome to 2008"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 07:52:19 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2003 on: February 03, 2008, 08:20:37 am »

My understanding is they generally don't have as much of the of the allegedly psychoactive compounds in there, but even back in the day the effect was probably overstated. Like the way videogames make us killers y'ken?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2004 on: February 03, 2008, 12:06:02 pm »

Stay up way too late on the Internet, then be late going to my friends' house to cook chili in what is The Annual Super Bowl Ritual.  I hate that I suck sometimes.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2005 on: February 03, 2008, 04:29:26 pm »

...realize my TiVo is set to record like 15 hours of Mythbusters, then tell it not to, because I don't need that much Adam and Jamie all at once, thanks. Later, grocery shopping and a trip to Penzey's.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2006 on: February 03, 2008, 05:32:14 pm »

Cort was in a dream I had last night. I was helping take care of some weird reptile exhibit and I was about to leave, and he asked if I could stay and do one more area. It was all pretty realistic except for it being an imaginary internet person that my brain picked to be in the dream instead of some real herp person.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2007 on: February 03, 2008, 05:32:40 pm »

Stay up way too late on the Internet, then be late going to my friends' house to cook chili in what is The Annual Super Bowl Ritual.  I hate that I suck sometimes.

Eh, at least you remembered to show up. That sounds like a fun ritual/tradition. Today I'm going to buy some cookies and go to a superbowl party.

Today I woke up early and put henna in my hair! It is really messy now that my hair is so long. But I did it while causing a minimal mess, and got everything cleaned up neatly. Now I just have to hold out for another 2 hours until I can wash it out and take a shower.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2008 on: February 03, 2008, 06:37:04 pm »

apparently it is legalized?

i was told "it's legal, welcome to 2008"

It is.  The ladyfriend and I had some folks over and drank a bottle of Keubler, which is one of the newly legal brands in the US.   I wasn't expecting visual oddities or anything like that.

I drank a fair amount.  It's a nice and even drunk.  Mellow.   Kinda like getting a little stoned, and a little tipsy at the same time, but not over doing it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2009 on: February 03, 2008, 07:08:57 pm »

hmm.

I am not any sicker than I felt yesterday, so that's good. The other guys on my hall were all sick last week, but they all had fevers and coughs and stuff which I don't have. Just a sore throat and general sore-ness.

My hair looks really silly, because the theme of the party yesterday was New Wave and I tried to do a morrisey-style pompadour... it turned into just a crazy gelled-up thing. It looked really really awesome at the time, to the point that I want to do it more often. But now, my hair is a crazy mess from sleeping on it.

I made my bed the opposite way, so that my head is not next to the window which has a broken seal and lets in cold air. I credit this with sleeping much better last night.

today I'm gonna do reading for classes, and do my friend's radio show so that he can watch the superbowl. I'm thinking long jazz tracks, and I'll bring textbooks to read.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 07:17:12 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 878   Go Up