Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347404 times)

0 Members and 176 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2040 on: February 06, 2008, 02:27:41 am »

Apparently last week people on some financial message board posted that "(My dad's name) is a Stud!"
"Hell yes, we should take him out and get him laid!"
because of some interview he gave. Somehow I think we will never hear the end of this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2041 on: February 06, 2008, 05:18:41 am »

Apparently last week people on some financial message board posted that "(My dad's name) is a Stud!"
"Hell yes, we should take him out and get him laid!"
because of some interview he gave. Somehow I think we will never hear the end of this.
Be careful, someone might accuse you of having parents who are able to pay for your education.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2042 on: February 06, 2008, 05:31:10 am »

Be careful, someone might accuse you of having parents who are able to pay for your education.

If you can't let things lie I'm going to go into detail about the loan that paid for my uni.
It was from the government and interest free.

Da Da Dum!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2043 on: February 06, 2008, 05:54:33 am »

If you can't let things lie I'm going to go into detail about the loan that paid for my uni.
It was from the government and interest free.

Da Da Dum!

We get those too. Low Interest, No Interest, and Grants are given by the federal government. Though the amount has declined under Bush.

States also have various programs for free higher education, low-cost higher education, and supplemented tuition higher education.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2044 on: February 06, 2008, 06:01:12 am »

If you can get into your uni course here you get it automatically.
It used to be entirely paid for by the state until the mid nineties, my dad who worked at a bank for 30 years tells me this is a good thing (that they stopped paying for everyone that is) but since *he* didn't have to pay for his degree and I have to pay for mine I'm not entirely sure I'm on board. Freaking baby boomers man, the policy that benefits them most is what we're going to get for at least the next decade.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 06:12:20 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2045 on: February 06, 2008, 06:21:15 am »

naw A-Cap, it's OK, they know I basically have everything handed to me in life, they put up with it cause I'm so darn cute.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2046 on: February 07, 2008, 12:23:34 am »

naw A-Cap, it's OK, they know I basically have everything handed to me in life, they put up with it cause I'm so darn cute.

..except the pussy
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2047 on: February 07, 2008, 01:28:36 am »

no, man, when I do get some it....

well, the last time, it was not only handed to me, I was told about a week in advance that it was going to be handed to me by someone else, and then she told me she was going to hand it to me, and then it was handed to me repeatedly.

I can't elaborate on this story without y'all thinking that I'm completely functionally disabled, so, suffice it to say that I managed to screw that one up. I think.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2048 on: February 07, 2008, 01:31:57 am »

it was handed to me repeatedly.

......

I managed to screw that one up. I think.

Wait... what? You got the lady, how is that screwing up?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2049 on: February 07, 2008, 01:42:25 am »

I have typed out like 5 different variations of the story, and my decision is... it's not really worth telling. it is only worthwhile in my silly little brain.

Suffice it to say, I told some friends who know this girl, and they essentially said "dude, seriously? it's OK if you're gay. that is completely fine. just tell us."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2050 on: February 07, 2008, 01:04:38 pm »

Suffice it to say, I told some friends who know this girl, and they essentially said "dude, seriously? it's OK if you're gay. that is completely fine. just tell us."

Eh I wouldn't get hung up on it, don't let anyone make you second guess your good times. Fun was had (I presume) that's a win in my book.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2051 on: February 08, 2008, 05:46:42 pm »

...try to convince myself that it would be merely annoying to start a thread to complain about how no one's posting.

Help me out here, people. The Technical Staff is about to go on a two week ski trip without me and I am STILL waiting for the excruciating process involved where they're trying to hire me at the zoo and I really don't have enough work to do to drown out the voices in my head. Where are you all?? 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2052 on: February 08, 2008, 06:09:08 pm »

If I was to start a thread right now it'd basically be "Step in here so Asherdan can shove a thumb up your ass and tell you with dirty words why you like and deserve it."

Nobody wants that thread, particularly me.

It's a damn good thread title, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2053 on: February 09, 2008, 02:42:52 am »

If I was to start a thread right now it'd basically be "Step in here so Asherdan can shove a thumb up your ass and tell you with dirty words why you like and deserve it."

Nobody wants that thread, particularly me.

*swoons*
Uh... no, of course not.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2054 on: February 09, 2008, 08:07:21 am »

have class, go see John Adams speak, then see the American debut of his new symphony downtown for free. It was actually the first time it was played in its final version, he cut out almost half of it after the first performance. it was pretty rad. Then I went to a party which was a pretty mixed bag.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 878   Go Up