Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349754 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2220 on: February 29, 2008, 01:34:37 am »

Anton Chigurah could legislate himself some educational policy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2221 on: February 29, 2008, 01:39:57 am »

yeah, we decided that that system would have hell of results, but really bad haircuts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2222 on: February 29, 2008, 01:49:46 am »

Bad haircuts in small times is character building.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2223 on: February 29, 2008, 01:57:15 am »

in other news, my first girlfriend just informed me that she's getting married in 2 weeks when she turns 18.
To a guy I have never heard of. Not either of the two boyfriends she's had in the last 6 months. I am trying to decide what I say here?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2224 on: February 29, 2008, 02:03:51 am »

I am trying to decide what I say here?

Say, "Congratulations and best of luck."
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2225 on: February 29, 2008, 02:35:24 am »

Mr. West is perfectly correct here.

Yes, marrying at eighteen is a ridiculously rash move?

But you can't talk an eighteen-year-old out of nothing and... oh man... she will also believe that if her ex is trying to talk her out of it, it must be out of his jealousy and it'll make her want to marry even more.

Say something blandly nice or say nothing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2226 on: February 29, 2008, 03:50:28 am »

And most disturbingly, sometimes these things just work out and people are wonderfully happy, which is something to be glad of.
We can't (fortunately) make decisions for those we love, but we can be there for them however their terrible ill-advised decisions turn out.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2227 on: February 29, 2008, 06:50:54 am »

yeah, I said congratulations.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2228 on: February 29, 2008, 07:09:42 am »

in other news, my first girlfriend just informed me that she's getting married in 2 weeks when she turns 18.
To a guy I have never heard of. Not either of the two boyfriends she's had in the last 6 months. I am trying to decide what I say here?
Somewhat related: A girl I had dated for over a year cheated on me with and then immediately started dating some dude I had never heard of. I googled the ass hole and a plethora of news articles popped up about how he went to jail his sophomore year. He set up a 1-lb marijuana drug deal with an undercover cop, met the dude, stole his money, and ran away. He went to jail for pretending to be a drug dealer... to an undercover cop. I told her if that was the kind of guy she was looking for, then I'm glad she found him because I would never be able to fit that criteria.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2229 on: February 29, 2008, 04:28:23 pm »

...have another of those days where I spend the whole day waiting for phone calls and don't really have enough work to do while I do it to keep me from obsessing about what is wrong with my life.

On the bright side, that haircut I got yesterday looks pretty good.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2230 on: February 29, 2008, 04:33:21 pm »

Y'know something, womb@? Your talk of a haircut led me to get a haircut as well. It is seriously the best haircut I have gotten as an adult... so I owe a little bit of this good haircut to you. Thank you.

You have received a gift certificate for ten days off any punishment accured for the afterlife.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2231 on: February 29, 2008, 04:39:05 pm »

LFM, let us toast to our good haircuts being portents of better days ahead. Or something.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2232 on: February 29, 2008, 04:54:02 pm »

On the bright side, that haircut I got yesterday looks pretty good.
We could offer opinions if you'd post a photo somewhere ;)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2233 on: February 29, 2008, 05:54:02 pm »

I really need a haircut. But, today is another big free concert we're putting on, and then my friend's 5th birthday party, so, I do not really have time today. Soon, though.

What do you wear to a girl's 5th birthday party?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2234 on: February 29, 2008, 06:00:24 pm »

I also got a haircut yesterday. It's pretty meh. And finally got my new glasses. Now I'm reading about some big D&D convention that's about a block from the SO's work.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 878   Go Up