Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348155 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2235 on: February 29, 2008, 06:02:38 pm »

What do you wear to a girl's 5th birthday party?

Well, remember it's not in good taste to draw too much attention away from the guest of honor. So, nothing too frilly or sparkly.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2236 on: February 29, 2008, 07:05:16 pm »

Today I ordered a few items from the Achewood shop (Catastrophe shirt and the 1950s GOF psoter) for the first time in a couple years. I've been put off from buying anything recently because the shipping turnaround time, if I remember correctly, was horrendous. Hopefully it's better now that I live a few miles from Onstad HQ!

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2237 on: February 29, 2008, 07:09:46 pm »

What do you wear to a girl's 5th birthday party?

A puppy?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2238 on: February 29, 2008, 07:17:48 pm »

What do you wear to a girl's 5th birthday party?
A puppy?

Naturally my first thought was of a greyhound suit.



See my loafers? Former gophers.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2239 on: February 29, 2008, 08:26:46 pm »

well, I realize now I will not have time to change what I am wearing before going. So.

I'll be wearing my favorite pair of jeans, my Sambas, and a really brightly colored polo shirt. I chose this shirt because today it is almost 50 out, and sunny, and so I feel like it is the summer compared to how the weather has been lately. My dad thinks the shirt is "hideous," so I am pretty sure it is hip.you can see the shirt here, maybe 2 years ago? I feel like I look a lot more like a kid in this picture than I do now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2240 on: February 29, 2008, 08:31:32 pm »

I feel like I look a lot more like a kid in this picture than I do now.[/url]
She, however, is all woman.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2241 on: February 29, 2008, 08:55:32 pm »

Yet another picture of Dan with a beautiful woman.  You do this to mock us, don't you?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2242 on: February 29, 2008, 10:19:40 pm »

Oh come on, it's not like Inev has a hunchback or something on his face that has it's own feeding schedule. That gal is fairly outstanding, though.

ALSO: I went out to the truck at lunch and decided to sit in the truck bed in the sun and do a little hobby work. I finished up, chucked everything in the box and slid out of the truck bed. At the same time four guys I work with got out of their car waving to me as they walked over. I ignored the tingling in my feet warning me that portions of my anatomy had been blood starved and were asleep. I said 'Hi' as I hit the ground and...my right foot and ankle didn't work. I went down like a sack of meat on the asphalt. They were so embarrassed for me they just walked away once I got up and sat on the tailgate and told them my leg was asleep and I was OK.

2:1 odds I get called for a drug screening. Damn.
is this the part of the movie where, like, natalie portman comes up and makes playful banter?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2243 on: February 29, 2008, 11:23:36 pm »

yeah, she was an exchange student from Germany. She was a pretty nice girl. Don't get any ideas, my girlfriend at the time took this picture (the one who is getting married).
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2244 on: March 01, 2008, 12:33:48 am »

no.

what?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2245 on: March 01, 2008, 05:04:52 am »

Ray once made a reference to "German women and their intentionally high riding thongs" in a Ray's Place.

It stuck in my brain.

http://www.google.com/search?q=thong+site%3Aachewood.com+inurl%3Araysplace
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2246 on: March 01, 2008, 08:32:20 am »

Saturday is a rugby day and rugby I shall.
Today Virginia Commonwealth University will visit my field to learn what it is like to be defeated and degraded. Then, whiskey rivers and beer oceans will flood the land of Hampden-Sydney and men will tell stories of days gone by, men who've passed by, and souls who died.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2247 on: March 01, 2008, 10:19:53 pm »

today is our last big concert, and then a big party. I am planning on doing a ridiculous hairstyle.
In other news, my friend/future roommate will still not get it that I don't want to make out with him.
Also, the roommate of the girl I'm pursuing is blatantly into me, and it's awkward for everyone. She has a boyfriend. She gave me flowers that she "just found and thought [I'd] like."

Finally: I am starting to realize that I don't want to work at a summer camp that much. I am looking into an internship at KDHX, which is a rad community-run radio station here in St Louis.
Problem with this: I have no way of getting to the station without an hour-long public-transportation ordeal which involves the metro and 2 different bus lines.
On the other hand, the girl I am into is working there this summer also? I am realistic enough to know that this could make things really unpleasant or complicated. At the same time, she could totally drive me to work, as the apartment we're getting will be between her house and KDHX. Also, what if we are dating, and it's awesome? We would be in different departments, so it wouldn't be too unpleasant... or, it could be incredibly unpleasant/awkward. Probably not the best situation.

It's in the mid-60s, and the day is good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2248 on: March 01, 2008, 11:54:38 pm »

...whine about the fact that you still can't buy Girl Scout cookies on the internet.

In fact, individual troops are explicitly forbidden from doing this on their own, even.  How can they make all that noise pretending that selling cookies teaches useful life skills if they can't use the internet? Who runs a business without the internet these days?  Well, it's great to know that the next generation will know the important nineteenth century technique of selling door to door.

And really, even if they seriously think that perverts will use the internet to find little girls this way - what's a more important life skill than learning how to identify and avoid internet perverts?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2249 on: March 02, 2008, 05:00:48 pm »

Who runs a business without the internet these days?  Well, it's great to know that the next generation will know the important nineteenth century technique of selling door to door.

And really, even if they seriously think that perverts will use the internet to find little girls this way - what's a more important life skill than learning how to identify and avoid internet perverts?

CAN'D for sweet, delicious truth.  Seriously!  Awesome Girl Scouts honing their mad web design skills, what's not to love?  All documenting creepy emails, turning 'em over the the proper authorities, doing a victory dance.  Sigh.

We've got to let girls do fun, challenging things that teach 'em real-world skills!  That was my major beef with the GSA, their lack of building useful, fun, challenging skills in girls.  I quit around age 12 or so because instead of doing cool shit like building fires and running around in the woods, we were in my Troop Leader's condo (hey, it was the 80's, therefore the condo with faux-modern furniture), sewing purses from the asses of Other People's Used Jeans.  Keee-rist!  It was awful. 
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 878   Go Up