Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349121 times)

0 Members and 201 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2250 on: March 02, 2008, 05:43:30 pm »

Ironically, I was in the Boy Scouts until exactly two seconds after we got back from our first camping trip. Granted, it involved hiking fifteen miles through a swamp in the Adirondacks in the middle of blackfly season but it also involved the only time God directly and quickly answered my begging and brought a freak rainstorm to get me the hell out of there.

Tying knots, being nice to people, I am good at these things.

Deathmarches covered in blackfly bites, not so much.

I always figured that if Girl Scout Cookies went on-line, they figured they'd be crossing a line that they could never come back from... they'd be so profitable just selling them online, year round, without any participation from sales-girls that... they wouldn't be able to justify taking such a loss on selling them the way they do now and...

People wouldn't look at them the same way, they wouldn't be looked upon as a semi-charity in their cookie sales anymore, etc etc. Forced scarcity, cache, the illusion of being a small-time thing... these are things they definitely don't wanna lose just to make a little more money up-front, you know.

Frankly, I respect the hell out of the prudence of their restraint, despite the fact that I could basically eat Samoa cookies until I died.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2251 on: March 02, 2008, 06:46:41 pm »

Yesterday, at our big concert, a kid came up to me.

"Aren't you theinevitable?"

it ends up he had seen me on the org, it was weird as all heck. I mean, it ends up he goes here and is friends with guys I know, but, still. weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2252 on: March 02, 2008, 06:49:35 pm »

Yesterday, at our big concert, a kid came up to me.

"Aren't you theinevitable?"

it ends up he had seen me on the org, it was weird as all heck. I mean, it ends up he goes here and is friends with guys I know, but, still. weird.
Dude you listened to ZeFrank? That guy did teaching at N.Y.U. I used to listen to his nonsense all the time.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2253 on: March 02, 2008, 06:51:58 pm »

I love that man, yeah. he was awesome.

OH, also last night, our party got busted by the cops, which was something new. Apparently you can only play Motown so loud after 2 AM. Luckily, almost everyone had left at that point... it would have been very different if they had come when there were a ton ton ton more people.

also, I told one of my best friends here that... I cannot stand her best friend from home at all. I do not remember why I thought that was reasonable to say. But this girl was being so goddamn mean to all these people she didn't even know, I just lost it.

This girl was saying things about how Eugenics is misunderstood and should be implemented. She called a girl from the art school who was studying sculpture a "waste of space," and said "does she have any idea how much her parents are paying for her to fuck around and paint on her face?"
I responded "well, I don't know. I think her parents are actually paying for her to go to art school. The tuition they pay has nothing to do with WHAT SHE WEARS TO A GODDAMN COSTUME PARTY."
So yeah, basically this girl made me so mad. DON'T BE A DICK TO A STRANGER, EVER.
also relevant: kept calling all of my friends Hipster Douches, without ever having met them or seen them do anything but dance at a concert and then a party.

Edit: I am not justifying, it was still a major dick move to tell my friend this.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:23:42 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2254 on: March 02, 2008, 07:28:11 pm »

Quote from: theinevitable
DON'T BE A DICK TO A STRANGER, EVER.

This was nearly the original direct quote of Jesus's but it was edited out later by the Church fathers, as they realized that if they put it in there, they couldn't really get away with waging those wars which might benefit them later down the road.

"Consider the lillies in the field, they aren't dicks to strangers, like, ever."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2255 on: March 02, 2008, 09:36:56 pm »

"Consider the lillies in the field, they aren't dicks to strangers, like, ever."

Blessed are the witty, for they shall be cann'd. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2256 on: March 02, 2008, 10:48:10 pm »

...whine about the fact that you still can't buy Girl Scout cookies on the internet.

I have been to three grocery stores in the past three days, and at every one of them there were Girl Scouts out in front selling cookies for cold hard cash.
I only bought one box, of those peanut butter patty things.  They're good.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2257 on: March 03, 2008, 12:12:07 am »

You are a lucky man. The one thing you can do online is look at a list of the stores that the girls are selling cookies in front of. None of them are in my neighborhood. We were actually in the vicinity of one this evening, but after they'd already gone home.

In compensation we came home from Trader Joe's with about five kinds of cookies and dessert.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2258 on: March 03, 2008, 02:49:46 pm »

Today I'm gonna wonder, where is everyone this morning?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2259 on: March 03, 2008, 05:40:13 pm »

And yet he's posting, people! What's the rest of you's excuse?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2260 on: March 03, 2008, 09:13:52 pm »

I had to wash bottles.  This is not a thing I enjoy.  If I started posting on internet messageboards before I wash bottles, I wouldn't have any clean bottles to make buffers in.  And experiments wouldn't happen.  And even washing bottles beats applying for unemployment insurance payouts and revising resumes.

Most "scientists" are bottle washers and button sorters.
-R.A. Heinlein, Notebooks of Lazarus Long


Now, I'm going to the gym.  Later: Plumbing!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 09:17:06 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2261 on: March 03, 2008, 10:59:22 pm »

Quote
Most "scientists" are bottle washers and button sorters.
-R.A. Heinlein, Notebooks of Lazarus Long

I was just telling someone today about how I read Time Enough for Love when I was in 9th grade or so, and found it entirely unreadable and worthless.

The fact that the cafeteria and campus store are always out of  chicken noodle soup when I'm sick should be prosecutable as a war crime. This shit where it's 75 one day and 28 the next needs to end.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 04:49:30 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2262 on: March 04, 2008, 05:51:38 pm »

wow. Took a nap yesterday, woke up with a sore throat. Tried to study Stat for a while. At 1 AM, went to bed. Woke up at 4 AM after 3 hours of tossing and turning, alternating between burning up/covered in sweat and freezing cold and curled into a ball. Got out of bed, put on clothes, got back in bed. Woke up regularly between 4 am and now, almost noon, having skipped class. All night I had bizarre, frustrating, upsetting dreams.

I am not so happy about this. What the heck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2263 on: March 04, 2008, 06:03:31 pm »

I had an American foreign policy midterm today. For the first time, I filled a blue book. Although I did do the pages single-sided, like always, I had to write on the backs of the last two. People, this has never happened before. Depending on how you look at it, I either know what I am talking about or am full of de bullsheet.

Later today, I will go to the doctor about a painful knee and shoulder. I am planning to go the chiropractor(of course, my insurance does not cover this) next week for a weird pain in my back. I am only 24, and I feel like I am falling apart. Good news: I am making headway on losing weight, and have lost 5 lbs (2.26kilo) so far. This feels good, but I do not look any different.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2264 on: March 04, 2008, 06:06:54 pm »

And yet he's posting, people! What's the rest of you's excuse?

I am at a client site today, where I am not allowed to plug into their network.  When I want to check my e-mail, I have to go down to Caribou Coffee, buy a cuppa joe, and use their WiFi.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 878   Go Up