Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349936 times)

0 Members and 151 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2280 on: March 07, 2008, 05:10:14 pm »

Rugby is a sport that I am afraid to play, much less win.
Aren't you a vet?  I don't think you need to prove your physical courage :)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2281 on: March 07, 2008, 07:14:59 pm »

Yes, but when I was in Iraq, I got to wear body armor. An important distinction, in my mind.

Rugby is one of those sports where I look and say, "Hm, that looks fun, but I like my (miscellaneous bodypart) too much to do it.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2282 on: March 07, 2008, 10:47:49 pm »

Try this one then.  You're still young.

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2283 on: March 07, 2008, 11:15:32 pm »

Most of the lacrosse players I know are douchbags of the highest order. And I can't catch a ball with my hands, much less a stick.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2284 on: March 07, 2008, 11:23:36 pm »

One of the ladies that I work with has a son who plays collegiate lacrosse. At a recent party, he jumped off a balcony, misjudged the distance, and put his knee through his chin, snapping out the four front teeth along the top of his face. He got them all fixed up okay, but his season is just now getting ready to start, and his mother asked him why he bothered fixing his teeth if he's going to go play lacrosse and just lose them again.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2285 on: March 08, 2008, 12:45:48 am »

...survive solely on water, Advil and Mucinex.  This flu sucks.  My entire chest is sore.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2286 on: March 08, 2008, 02:39:40 am »

Today, I dealt with an Asshole Local Cop. (PROTIP TO ASSHOLE COP: volunteering to keep the house key for a man ordered to vacate by a protective order because "after they have their little scuffle in the court, he'll be moving back in?" A douche move in general, but particularly a douche move to say to a domestic-violence program coordinator, you assgoblin. Die in a fire while eating a bag of dicks.)

It's been a long-ass week; I feel like a sack of hammers given vaguely-human locomotive and cognitive capacities. Plans for the weekend: eat comfort food, pretend to be imaginary people on the Internet, sleep a lot.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2287 on: March 08, 2008, 05:25:06 am »

Quote
I feel like a sack of hammers

More like a bag of hammers.
Actually, I don't like that song. The song that really does it for me on that album (which is "We Brave Bee Stings and All" by Thao and the Get Down Stay Down) is Swimming Pools. Mostly the chorus, which makes me so happy.
Also super rad is the song Beat.

But my real upcoming-album song that I am in love with is The Flood by this Canadian band called The Acorn, their album is fantastic and is coming out in the US sometime this month.

I have been listening to the songs I like on those 2 albums entirely too much. It's taking away from my Motown time. Having to review stuff for the radio station makes me listen to new music, who'd have thunk it.

in other news: so, I put down Twilight Princess for a long time (was at school while the game was at home) and I have no idea what I am doing any more. How do I kill twilight creatures? I seem to recall holding down some button to do a crazy charged attack... I've tried a lot of combinations, and nothing is working.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 06:02:10 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2288 on: March 08, 2008, 09:17:54 pm »

...try to buy a computer and discover yet again why this country is going to hell in a handbasket:

1. All the laptops we wanted to look at were chained to a second level shelf where you can't really reach them. We finally got a salesman with a special tool to set one free so we could try it.

2. Then, their internet wasn't working, so I couldn't really test what it felt like to use the penis with the browser.  We said forget it, I guess we'll have to come back when the internet is working. This did not inspire him to go try to get the internet working in case it was losing him a sale.

3. Then we saw another laptop that we thought looked more like what we wanted and figured we could at least check out the keyboard and asked him to take that down, but he'd already gotten into a conversation with someone else and said he'd be right back. He didn't come back.

4. We asked another guy, who went and looked for the special tool, said it wasn't there and someone else must have it. And that was it - he left to help someone else. He didn't seem to think it was his job to track down where the tool was so we could look at a computer. Never mind the fact that the store seemed to think it made sense to lock down half the laptops out of reach and then have only one tool to remove them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2289 on: March 09, 2008, 03:30:37 pm »

....watch the last episode of The Wire.

Then, cancel HBO. Unless anyone can suggest a good reason why I shouldn't?

Also, before that, go out and look for Girl Scout cookies.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
today i'm gonna
« Reply #2290 on: March 10, 2008, 09:54:10 pm »

today, for some reason I said the F word in front of my mom. She was very disappointed.

Tonight: Built to Spill!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2291 on: March 11, 2008, 09:01:11 am »

It breaks her heart that you use the F word.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2292 on: March 11, 2008, 12:15:20 pm »

Today I'm going to fight with the client about whether I have to get one of their badges.  Can't freakin' wait!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2293 on: March 11, 2008, 02:32:05 pm »

The Mayor don't need no stinking badges!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2294 on: March 11, 2008, 03:27:14 pm »

Today I'm gonna try really hard not to get my brand spankin' new copy of Guitar Hero out of the closet (where we hid it from my son) and wail on it all day long. 

I'm also gonna get spit up on a lot. 

And have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach because I got my thesis draft back over the weekend and I'm really panicked about being able to finish the revisions on time, but I can't do anything about it while watching two kids all day. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 878   Go Up