Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348835 times)

0 Members and 224 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2340 on: March 18, 2008, 01:03:20 pm »

Parents just complain about the weirdest stuff....

Congrats though JL, sounds like interesting times. I'm sure by the time he's back home again for a week (it was 3 weeks on one off or something like that right?) you'll resent the imposition on all your new-found free time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2341 on: March 18, 2008, 03:55:36 pm »

Yeah, I'm gonna enjoy being less distracted for the little one's babyhood. I mean, I sat on the floor today and watched her laugh at the ceiling for ten minutes. 

Life don't get no better. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2342 on: March 18, 2008, 08:18:17 pm »

babies understand that ceilings are just like...

they're absurd. How can you have a ceiling? Haha.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2343 on: March 18, 2008, 08:26:04 pm »

Oh, inev. 

You are, like, our resident source of insight into the young mind. 

So awesome.  So.  Awesome. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2344 on: March 18, 2008, 11:43:06 pm »

I am the guy who is always saying things like that, and my friends never get what I am going for.

A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2345 on: March 18, 2008, 11:49:06 pm »

I am the guy who is always saying things like that, and my friends never get what I am going for.

A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?

Dude, I HATE you for making my brain do that.  Dammit!

Now every time JL sees me glancing at the ceiling, she's going to laugh at me.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2346 on: March 18, 2008, 11:50:19 pm »

Yeah seriously, dude.  After my daughter laughed at the ceiling, watching my husband sit here and scowl at it for about ten minutes? 

Hilarious.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2347 on: March 19, 2008, 12:38:24 am »

i mentioned it to my friend, and he was totally over-thinking it.
"Oh, yeah, like... there could be stuff up there... and like... all those pipes..."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2348 on: March 19, 2008, 01:29:43 am »

A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?

Well I've got a new sig.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2349 on: March 19, 2008, 04:25:33 am »

Cue LFM describing the male physique...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2350 on: March 19, 2008, 04:35:40 am »

I always forget this forum has sigs unless someone mentions a new one. Haha. Sigs. Absurd.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2351 on: March 19, 2008, 05:54:50 am »

freak the EFF out about how good this song is while doing my radio show.

as in, I came on, and my voice was all weird because I couldn't stop smiling. I was GUSHING. I mean, I have a huge weakness for cuteness, and for motown/r&b type songs... and for Zooey Deschanel, who was singing it... (and who I cannot find a better picture of, weirdly enough)

but, good lord, this song.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:13:48 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2352 on: March 19, 2008, 06:33:27 am »

I always forget this forum has sigs unless someone mentions a new one.

I like to think this is a way you can tell this is a cool place to hang out.
But then maybe I it's time to bust out my multi-image animated gif anime-interpretation of achewood sig.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2353 on: March 19, 2008, 04:43:49 pm »

... accept the summer camp job I was offered. Find out that I currently have a C minus or below in 2 of my classes. UM. I am suddenly having a kind of shitty week. But in a way where... I still have difficulty giving a shit about statistics.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2354 on: March 19, 2008, 10:55:50 pm »

. . . Find out a rugby injury is more serious than I thought, then get some way cool drugs. Seriously, bash on wal mart all you want but I paid $4 for this stuff and it is totally worth every penny. High. as. a. kite.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 878   Go Up