Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349539 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2490 on: April 13, 2008, 04:23:17 am »

lose a bag of cherrry "licorice" somewhere in the hose.

There's a 'u' missing from there right?
Please?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2491 on: April 13, 2008, 04:10:36 pm »

There's a 'u' missing from there right?
Please?

Please!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2492 on: April 13, 2008, 05:37:19 pm »

Aussies and their fussy spelling...I'm sure she mean she lost some liquorice in her hose.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2493 on: April 13, 2008, 05:50:04 pm »

I dunno, I've never worn pantyhose but... it's probably as good a place to hold Twizzlers as any.

Keep it around as a treat for your lover, you know.

"If you go down on me, you get Twizzlers."

Two great tastes, y'know.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2494 on: April 13, 2008, 07:55:10 pm »

I dunno, I've never worn pantyhose but... it's probably as good a place to hold Twizzlers as any.

Keep it around as a treat for your lover, you know.

"If you go down on me, you get Twizzlers."

Two great tastes, y'know.

First I laughed. Then I had some frankly horrifying mental images that involve utilizing Twizzlers straw-like nature.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2495 on: April 13, 2008, 08:46:54 pm »

... have a minor modern technological emergency.

This afternoon I looked at my cell phone and it had a message on it saying its memory was full. The problem is that if I wear even slightly tight ##### or put too much stuff in my pockets, the camera button keeps getting pushed and so there were probably hundreds of pictures of the inside of my ##### pockets stored on my phone.

I thought I was incredibly clever, quickly figuring out how to erase them all.  Till I found that I had thereby also erased the pug pictures that were my screensaver and wallpaper.

Despite the JILLIONS of things I had to do today, I had to drop everything immediately and take more pug pictures and replace the wallpaper.  There was NO WAY I could go through life seeing one of those generic displays every time I looked at the phone.  It's bad enough that the color scheme is red and apparently there's no way to change it without actually changing cell phone carriers.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2496 on: April 13, 2008, 09:04:02 pm »

my background is an adorable picture of my pup.

he looks kind of like the middle one here without the weird/scary eyes.
somehow he is the only one of his breed in the world who doesn't look like a completely inbred half-wit dog. Maybe because most people who have them seem to brush them every day, get their hair groomed and washed and stuff, and over-feed them. Also, somehow make them look permanently bored. He is skinny and spastic and excitable.
You know, it's like that thing where people's dogs look like them.

to return to my post a week or so ago about our big kickball game, this is the KWUR team
and this is the K-SLU team.
You can't tell how many of them were holding cigarettes the entire game based on this picture, but, I am pretty sure that had a big effect on how badly we beat them. That and that we are awesome.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:16:31 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2497 on: April 14, 2008, 12:38:07 pm »

Today I'm gonna... go clean the pool in the anaconda exhibit, which sucks, except for the fact that I get to yell "I've had it with these motherfuck*ng snakes on this motherfuck*ng drain!"
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2498 on: April 14, 2008, 01:04:44 pm »

Well, I don't know where the licorice went.  I did mean house, but it very well could have been lost in the hose.  I sometimes put things in the sock, underwear and hosery drawer that don't belong there, so I regularly look there for missing things as sometimes I've put them there unconsciously.  Things that are neither socks, underwear or hosery.  I don't know why.  For instance, I have had three Indonesian carvings of musicians playing various instruments in the bottom of my sock drawer for at least 2 years.  I can't remember why I put them there in the first place, but while digging around for socks this morning, I was reminded that they were there when I dug to the bottom seeking any pair of socks that aren't black.  The dead, sculpted eyes of a drummer stared back.  Also, I have a satin sack full of coins I collected as a child in there, and overtime the drawstring has worn down and broken, so every so often I'll dig to the bottom of the drawer for some underwear, and a Belgian franc, a King George penny and a token from a no-longer-existing kids amusement centre will come to the surface.  I suppose I just need to change my understanding of the drawer's purpose to "socks, underwear, hosery and items with significant subconscious psychological meaning."  A place for everything, everything in it's place, right?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2499 on: April 14, 2008, 02:11:29 pm »

A place for everything, everything in it's place, right?

You know whenever my dad said this to me it never occurred that I could retroactively assign something a place as in 'it's place is where it is right now'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2500 on: April 14, 2008, 02:19:46 pm »

Observe a pro at work: Smells can make a better story about her sock drawer than another person can about a giant snake.

It's all in the execution, people.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2501 on: April 14, 2008, 02:26:38 pm »

I think I'd prefer to play the snake though. Though I'm sure Smells could write a sock some awesome dialogue.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2502 on: April 14, 2008, 07:09:47 pm »

...be real happy about the 45-70 rifle and load combo I'll be using for...stuff.

50 yards, kneeling, at an 8" paper plate.

Iron sights or scope?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2503 on: April 14, 2008, 08:38:01 pm »

Observe a pro at work: Smells can make a better story about her sock drawer than another person can about a giant snake.

It's all in the execution, people.

I laughed my ass off (pronounce le*moe') at the snakes business.  A nice chest-muscles-now-sore laugh.  Excelsior!

As for Smells' drawer: it's a neat observation, but  I thought this was the understood function of sock drawers.  This is exactly how I use mine, and I learned the behavior from my father.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2504 on: April 14, 2008, 09:56:43 pm »

I laughed my ass off (pronounce le*moe') at the snakes business.  A nice chest-muscles-now-sore laugh.  Excelsior!

As for Smells' drawer: it's a neat observation, but  I thought this was the understood function of sock drawers.  This is exactly how I use mine, and I learned the behavior from my father.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It certainly amuses me.

My sock drawer is too crammed full of socks to hold a single other thing. I have enough socks for an army to march on, as long as they don't mind if some of them wear socks decorated with frogs and flowers and pug dogs. I don't know why I have so many, it's just some kind of sickness.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 878   Go Up